Football Programmes Centre

AUCHINLECK TALBOT FC FAIR, NOVEMBER 18TH 10.30am to 1pm
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AUCHINLECK TALBOT FC FAIR, NOVEMBER 18TH 10.30am to 1pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forumcollector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 pm 
Post subject: Programme fair dates e c t

Hi John,

And further more if your fair has been going for 5 years since 2012/13 after you quote below a

“ Ten year break in Glasgow fairs “

Then how come on

Oct 2007 there was a Glasgow programme fair quite a large one in
Blythswood hall Renfield Church on Bath Street,

If memory serves correct was run by Peter Rundo can’t recall exactly whom was there stall dealer wise but mind it was advertised well in programmes at the time , so again your posts don’t hold too many accuracies other than there was 25 folk at your Auchinleck fair one well advertised which you think “was a success” and that’s why I think that’s quite sad news and can’t be dressed up as a good thing

Again if I am wrong about the 2007 fair being the last of the continuous Glasgow fairs after many years and decades of there being one organised I stand corrected.

Auchinleckian wrote:
As I said though, it's folk who travel down to it, and they spend money. If it was 25 folk just looking round the place we'd be worried, but it's not. Fairs don't need to be big to be successful. I stood at the Glasgow and Edinburgh Fairs and they always attracted good crowds, but they died a natural death when the Scottish dealers got established on ebay and didn't see the point in having them.

After something like a ten year break we held one at Auchinleck to test the water, and we've just had our fifth one, so we're doing something right. Thing is, there wouldn't be a Glasgow Fair without Auchinleck - the guys who had stalls at Glasgow last year were predominantly those who have been us at Auchinleck.

I did one up at Inverness recently, on the same kind of deal we do at Auchinleck - cheap stall rental with the money going to the club concerned ICT. Not a great deal of money changed hands on the day, but I don't think anybody lost anything, and everyone thanked us for having a fair there as they never, ever, get them. It was great to put faces to names I've known for a while.

Very happy with the way things are at Auchinleck.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

Last word on the subject from me, and it seems I owe Raymond an apology as you most definitely are not him.

Look at your own figures - re the last Glasgow Fair mentioned in 2007 - and then look at when the new Glasgow Programme Fair started up - in 2017. To my mind, and I appreciate it's not what it used to be with maths, but that sure looks like ten years to myself.

I'm afraid I just don't understand the rest of what you write.
Forumcollector

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:28 pm 
Post subject: Fairs

Yes not Raymond , no idea whom you where talking about agreed 2007 was a fair in Glasgow and again agree the next one was in 2017, just wasn’t agreeing that the Talbot fair was the longest running in Scotland but if your happy then that’s all that matters as you arrange it so good luck to you, and may all the future ones be a success.
Gladiator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:27 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Last word on the subject from me, and it seems I owe Raymond an apology as you most definitely are not him.

Look at your own figures - re the last Glasgow Fair mentioned in 2007 - and then look at when the new Glasgow Programme Fair started up - in 2017. To my mind, and I appreciate it's not what it used to be with maths, but that sure looks like ten years to myself.

I'm afraid I just don't understand the rest of what you write.

Hello I am new to the site and was reading this interesting thread and was wondering why over 4,500 people had read this thread ?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

It's the way he tells them!

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Gladiator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:32 pm 
Post subject: Fair

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Very Happy

I don’t under stand
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:38 pm 
Post subject:

Here we go again......
Gladiator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:40 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Very Happy

So from reading this thread is Douglas Stevenson of D@D Programmes now Scotland’s most successful dealer because his fairs are so good given the line up for the May one in Glasgow that is advertised seems really strong

I remember going to a couple of programme fairs a long time ago
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

Forum Collector's back. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gladiator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Here we go again......

Lol just seems to me is unclear as to whom is Scotland’s most successful programme dealer ?

Obviously Brian Johnston being going a long time but D@D programmes claim to be “Scotland longest running programme shop” on their advertising and then the A Talbot fair that “ was a success as 25 people attended “

( which by the way this thread has had 260 x more views than was attended % wise is that like 2600% more folk have viewed this thread than went to the longest running programme fair in Talbot “)

Talking of Talbot my friend a Pollock fan down in the dumps what a 3rd goal by the Auchinleck and recent cup success well done to them and the town Thumbs Up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOVxXn1Xac&feature=youtu.be
Surprised
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

Forum Collector / Gladiator / Evan Rae Ford you have more more aliases than Puff Daddy, or whatever he's known by now. Why the subterfuge? I well remember you as the wee boy helping your dad out at the Glasgow Fairs back in the early 90s.
Gladiator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:32 pm 

Auchinleckian wrote:
Forum Collector / Gladiator / Evan Rae Ford you have more more aliases than Puff Daddy, or whatever he's known by now. Why the subterfuge? I well remember you as the wee boy helping your dad out at the Glasgow Fairs back in the early 90s.

I am not “Puff daddy” or any of the people you have just mentioned but I do know of Glasgow Programmes Steve Jacobs and his wife reasonable well to talk too and glad to say he has made a very good and positive recovery from his accident a few years back that saw him retire from matchday selling.

Though well done to him 44 years since he started the buisness that it went from strength to strength and to this day still seems popular on eBay.

I shall certainly pass your messages on but Douglas Stevenson is still number one by far as is his beloved Pollock Juniors even after yesterday’s sore defeat are a far far bigger club than Auchinleck Bow
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

Danny, I would hope you do know Steven Jacobs and his wife well! Laughing
Gladiator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 pm 

Auchinleckian wrote:
Danny, I would hope you do know Steven Jacobs and his wife well! Laughing

Yes I am sure both his children know them well ( would hope they do !) but the question still remains is the 3rd goal from yesterday at Newlandsfield Park up for this seasons ballon do’r a fine finish surely has to be Surprised
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:54 pm 
Post subject:

Gladiator wrote:

Lol just seems to me is unclear as to whom is Scotland’s most successful programme dealer ?

Obviously Brian Johnston being going a long time but D@D programmes claim to be “Scotland longest running programme shop” on their advertising and then the A Talbot fair that “ was a success as 25 people attended “

( which by the way this thread has had 260 x more views than was attended % wise is that like 2600% more folk have viewed this thread than went to the longest running programme fair in Talbot “)

What exactly is the point of this?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:06 pm 
Post subject:

Think Danny's got a serious crush on D&D Programmes by the look of it. Quite why he has chosen this forum to profess his undying love is beyond me too Tynie, but we live in strange times.
Gladiator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:14 am 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Think Danny's got a serious crush on D&D Programmes by the look of it. Quite why he has chosen this forum to profess his undying love is beyond me too Tynie, but we live in strange times.

Maybe times are strange in your world OP

Thinking members are whom they are not?

End of the day if D@D Programmes happen to be currently Scotland’s most successful full time programme memorabilia dealers and the owner also coincidentally happens to support Pollock Juniors which is your clubs rival and a far bigger club than the one you seem to support and have a major crush on maybe some sort of jealously on your part ?

Love
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:24 am 
Post subject:

Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 pm 
Post subject:

Does anybody else understand what he's trying to say? It's completely beyond me. Confused
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:00 am 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Does anybody else understand what he's trying to say? It's completely beyond me. Confused

You can't argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Very Happy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: