Football Programmes Centre

e bay........WOW!!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
e bay........WOW!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:19 pm 
Post subject: e bay........WOW!!!

Pompey v arsenal 1947/48 for sale on e bay

Seller: rafferty0148 (23,480) 99.8%WatchItem: 202361192987

£150 WOW !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

He can have my programmes for half price......

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
pompey gaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 pm 
Post subject:

Yet another programme that will be doing the rounds for years on end unsold, there's thousands of them , they remind me of those comets and meteors that orbit the earth for ever ( at the risk of sounding like a crank).
martino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:13 am 
Post subject: Re: e bay........WOW!!!

pompeypete wrote:

Er, Rafferty is a she - Denise Marsden.

I have never met her but I have dealt with her on a few occassions but not recently. Then her prices were a bit top heavy but not as much as this.

Looking at her feedback score she must be doing something right and she seems to source some quality items with excellent service.

If I remember right Rafferty / Denise has been mentioned on the forum before.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:29 am 
Post subject:

Alternative thinking......what if some of these 'top heavy' dealers on ebay are just catching out amateur dealers who buy their stock at auctions like Sportinggold etc......

If you list an item for that is worth say £40 tops they list it for something silly like £200 especially when there is a £1 max fees deal on ebay. They then purchase it themselves using another account so that there is a record on the advanced search of a recorded sale.

They send their item to auction, people check for values and see one recently sold for £200 they say bid the item up to £130 at auction as they think they may be able to match the £200 sale and are then stuck with it.

But the vendor has an auction sale of £130 lets say £30 auction costs ...they still end up with £100 for a £40 programme.

I bet you would catch someone out, there are plenty of lazy amatuer dealers out there trying to make a quick buck and maybe this is what some of these guys are doing..
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am 
Post subject: Re: e bay........WOW!!!

martino wrote:
pompeypete wrote:

Er, Rafferty is a she - Denise Marsden.

I have never met her but I have dealt with her on a few occassions but not recently. Then her prices were a bit top heavy but not as much as this.

Looking at her feedback score she must be doing something right and she seems to source some quality items with excellent service.

If I remember right Rafferty / Denise has been mentioned on the forum before.

Yes Denise is listed as the seller on ebay but it is her husband Dennis who is behind it all. Nice man had some amazing items from him over the years-truly amazing.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 pm 
Post subject:

I have purchased from Denise / Dennis before with no issues at all.
The prices seem to have crept up recently and I have steered clear of some - my choice.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:35 pm 
Post subject:

Very interesting and clever observation by Rafehod, and defo not outside the realms of possibilities by sellers.
Unless someone has met them perhaps Dennis/Denise is one person you know how things are today!
Some bonkers prices, but I have bought a few items from 'them' in the past with no problems.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:48 pm 
Post subject: Ebay wow

It seems Ebay is a bit of a rogues gallery! Blokes who have conned buyers in the past just use their wife/partners name so they can carry on in business. There seem to be quite a few! Shocked
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: