Football Programmes Centre

Sealed bids?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sealed bids?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baltimore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:06 pm 
Post subject: Sealed bids?

After all the recent dialogue on the forum of the 1960s Chelsea home ( postponed) rare issue, it made me wonder if the vendor may have secured a better price seeking sealed bids by a fixed date.

No fees, and would have really tested the big hitters?

Any thoughts?

( all the rage pre ebay)

Ian
Rafehod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Ian

I think that sort of thing has seen its day, as people are now more aware of values so its no longer a 'bid what you are prepared to spend' sort of world. Buyers and collectors are more informed and want to see a price and guage it to what they are prepared to spend based on their knowledge of its value.

Sealed bids was always corrupt anyway, as if the vendor did not get what he wanted he would reject all anyway, so whats the point?

It was too much in the vendors favour surrounded by cloak and dagger secrecy bullshit.

Just my opinion Thumbs Up
Baltimore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

You are probably right, in that it is all in the hands of the vendor, but with such an in demand item, I suspect the item may have had a number of willing bidders?

Just a hunch. I appreciate that the bidders are in a much weaker position.

Ian
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: