Football Programmes Centre

Italy under 21s in England July and August 1969
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Italy under 21s in England July and August 1969

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am 
Post subject: Italy under 21s in England July and August 1969

I just bought a lovely original Italian poster for their under 21 team who were on some kind of tour / tournament in England in July and August 1969. What I can't fathom out is that according to the England under 21s wikipedia page they didn't exist before 1976? So assume it was all under 23s before then?

If that's the case why would the Italian under 21s be touring in England pre season 1969? Any info most gratefully received, thanks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U21-Foot-Poster/163094321795?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
northstander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 am 
Post subject:

They played friendlies against English 1st teams.
Certainly played at Sheff Weds also bearing an artistic cover like your poster.
Lovely item by the way John.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:36 am 
Post subject:

Thanks fpor that, much appreciated.

Artwork's great, and when I saw it I just put a daft bid in and consequently lost it. Got a second chance offer at my original bid of less than £17 and was very pleased indeed to get it, especially as it was in better nick than the original one. Think that's £17 well spent?
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 am 
Post subject:

They played Villa and there was a full programme produced for the game. I've got a spare for sure!
goonerboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:18 am 
Post subject:

Arsenal also played the Italian under 21 team on 5th august 1969.

I clicked on the link to look at the poster but i assume it has been sold because ebay have now introduced another annoying feature that when you click on a completed item it takes you to a "similar" active item with the meesage that the other auction has finished so have a look at something else......aaaaaaahhhhh

Have to agree, that is a really annoying feature. Hadn't realised it had come up on here as something else though. Will try and upload the original somehow.
hibernian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:58 am 
Post subject:

goonerboy wrote:
Arsenal also played the Italian under 21 team on 5th august 1969.

I clicked on the link to look at the poster but i assume it has been sold because ebay have now introduced another annoying feature that when you click on a completed item it takes you to a "similar" active item with the meesage that the other auction has finished so have a look at something else......aaaaaaahhhhh

Have to agree, that is a really annoying feature. Hadn't realised it had come up on here as something else though. Will try and upload the original somehow.

Noticed the new annoying feature as well. However you can still see the original listing as you can click on the highlighted words ORIGINAL LISTING HAS ENDED. It will then take you to it
goonerboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the tip.

So ebay have now introduced a feature that means instead of one click it takes me twice as long to see what i want and going via some random rubbish that i dont want.....double aaaarggghhh
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: