Football Programmes Centre

Vintage Adidas Catalogue
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vintage Adidas Catalogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:41 pm 
Post subject: Vintage Adidas Catalogue

Hi everyone.

Anyone have any knowledge of vintage catalogues like this. I picked this up as part of a lot of programmes I bought. No idea if there is a market for these and the kind of value for something like this. Can any of our resident experts help on this.

I also have another, a Top Star catalogue, apparantly the World Cup ball suppliers for the 1958 World Cup.

Five and In

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:53 pm 
Post subject: Vintage Adidas Catalogue

There is a good market for catalogues Texas, and the two you have should fetch close to three figures each in my opinion.
The Adidas one especially could achieve much more than that.
Take a look on Ebay for a bit of a better idea. I entered Adidas catalogue, and the highest sold ones were around twenty years newer than yours.

By the way, yours are great Clap
NWM Football

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:27 pm 
Post subject:

I would agree, these could well be three figure territory.

It's the sort of ephemera that hasn't survived in great numbers. Super items.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:38 pm 
Post subject: Re: Vintage Adidas Catalogue

Five and In wrote:
There is a good market for catalogues Texas, and the two you have should fetch close to three figures each in my opinion.
The Adidas one especially could achieve much more than that.
Take a look on Ebay for a bit of a better idea. I entered Adidas catalogue, and the highest sold ones were around twenty years newer than yours.

By the way, yours are great Clap

Thanks very much mate, appreciate that. I did search ebay for the particular Adidas catalogue here and in Europe and couldn’t find it. I suppose the best place to sell them is Ebay UK or an auction house in the UK. Are you aware of any sports catalogue collectors sites. It’s an area I know nothing about.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:16 pm 
Post subject: Re: Vintage Adidas Catalogue

(Thanks very much mate, appreciate that. I did search ebay for the particular Adidas catalogue here and in Europe and couldn’t find it. I suppose the best place to sell them is Ebay UK or an auction house in the UK. Are you aware of any sports catalogue collectors sites. It’s an area I know nothing about.[/quote]

Sorry, but I don't Texas.
Give it a day or so and somebody on here will come up trumps I expect.

Last edited by Five and In on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:43 pm 
Post subject:

That adidas boot catalogue is a National Football Museum quality item

They had a battered Pele lunchbox last time I was there, to have such a nice catalogue in such good condition is very rare and unusual
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Although I've never had any desire to collect these, they are actually quite nice items inside. I hope it hasn't triggered me into collecting them, as, like many others on here no doubt, I already spend too much on programmes....

Seriously, I've actually got three of the Adidas catalogues, all in mint condition, look like they have just come out the box except for the top right hand corner on each has had a price marked in pencil that someone else has erased and taken a small area of the orange color off. I also have a second Top Star Ball catalogue, it's in near mint condition and doesn't have the retailers stamp on it either. Also got some very nice programmes as part of the lot.

Had a look five and in and see what you mean.

Anybody with a burning desire to own one and a collection of pre-war Rangers items to trade with, let's talk..... Smile
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:28 am 
Post subject:

I would err on the side of caution with predictions of these being worth three figures, although I accept somebody could pay that for them if pushed.

The whole Adidas thing re collectables is all to do about designer footwear being discovered by the casuals in the early 80s onwards - the advent of the iconic trainer. Whether folk who once splashed out three figure sums on trainers - and still do much to my amusement - would think twice about paying such sums for a trade magazine that has none of said footwear in them is debatable. In terms of being unusual 1958 World Cup memorabilia I reckon £30 to £40 is probably nearer the true figure?

I picked up some similar magazines from UMBRO in the 1930s twenty odd years ago. Manged to sell them because they had articles about the local Scottish club in them,. Queen of the South, but never managed more than £15 apiece for them. Agree with other posters though, lovely items and so "of their time"
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:17 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback. It’s actually one of the things I like about collecting, the unpredictability of it all regarding value and just stumbling across unusual items.

Funny you should mention the 80’s and Adidas as I remember being over the moon with my first pair back then. But as a housing schemer from the south side of Glasgow, it was the cheapest pair they made. Still, they may as well have been made from gold as far as I was concerned.
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:59 am 
Post subject:

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: