Football Programmes Centre

inter city fairs cup 1970/71
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
inter city fairs cup 1970/71

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
north44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm 
Post subject: inter city fairs cup 1970/71

hello, im after this programme pecsi dozsa v newcastle united inter city fairs cup, 1970 , anyone know where i could get a copy, are how much its worth, thanks
crawf1964

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm 
Post subject: inter city fairs cup 1970/71

Hi North44, this is one of the more sought after modern(ish) Newcastle programmes, and does not appear very often, Roy Calmels had one on his offers list late last year with a minimum of £750 if i remember rightly,which was previously the property of Benny Arentoft, (not sure how much it sold for though) Before that Roy had one again on his offers list but it was a year or so previous to that one. Also, there is a shop in Newcastle (The Back Page) and approx 5 year ago they put one up for auction and a friend of mine bid £1200 and didnt win it! Some enterprising chap (not) was selling reprints last year on Ebay but i havent seen them on there for a while now i am glad to say, so be careful if you do see one it may be a reprint and i am not sure whether there is an obvious difference between an original and a copy. Just to add to that the story i heard about them approx 15 year ago was that Ian Mitchell brought a quantity of them back after the game and that is how they became available in this country, apart from any that any fans brought back but i would imagine it wouldnt have been many in those days.
saint clarkie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:40 pm 
Post subject: inter city fairs cup

HI North44

Sportingold have this in there auction on friday is it the 1 your after?
lot 909 1969 fairs cup final
ujpest dozsa v newcastle
est £480- £500

Ian
wozzey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:42 pm 
Post subject: pecsi dosza

Hi yes I was the person who bought the programme in the auction at the Back page shop. It's definitely Newcastle's rarest modern programme and even beating the 24 Cup Final for price. So unless you're prepared to part with silly money, as I did, then forget about it unless you are very very lucky and get one from someone who has no idea of its value?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: