Football Programmes Centre

1971 ECWC Final Replay ticket
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1971 ECWC Final Replay ticket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:08 pm 
Post subject: 1971 ECWC Final Replay ticket

Looking for a valuation on the 71 ECWC Final Replay when Chelsea beat Real Madrid 2-1?

Thanks
gatfb

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:43 pm 
Post subject:

Around £150.

One for sale on ebay at the moment which strangely has the score printed on it. Makes me believe it's a reprint because how else would the score be pre known?

ebay number 112974786235
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:50 pm 
Post subject: Chelsea v Real Madrid ticket

It could be that someone has typed the teams and result on the ticket after the game. You sometimes see programmes with a typed name or result.
gatfb

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:52 pm 
Post subject:

Certainly not worth £235 then. I've got two i'll have to dig them out and compare them with the ebay image.
RoddyN

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:52 am 
Post subject:

I collect European Finals and I would say that £150 is way below estimate.
It may be nearer £1000. The ticket for the first match now sells for between £100 and £150 and whilst not common is not rare. The Replay hardly ever turns up and it is surprising that GATFB has 2. I wonder why he values it so low if he has a spare. You might think he would want to talk it up. The first match attracted a crowd of 45,000 and the Replay 23,000 with many people being allowed in with the ticket for the first match. Draw your own conclusions.
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:21 am 
Post subject:

£1000?!..seems like my knowledge has let me down on this occasion as I sold it straight away for £235..don’t mind though as I sold it to a lovely gentleman who had a couple of queries and called me to discuss.
gatfb

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:08 pm 
Post subject:

To be honest I was obviously not paying attention as I have not even seen the replay ticket. I have two for the first game and that was the price I was basing my value on.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

I really hope the seller didn't rely on your valuation, gatfb. If he did, your mistake has cost him in the order of £800.
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

To be honest I took that valuation with a pinch of salt but didn't think it was worth that much more!..Ho Hum you live and learn.

Here I go again then..any ACCURATE valuation on the 1963 Valencia V Zagreb Fairs Cup Final?

Thanks!
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

whosbrianwilson wrote:
I really hope the seller didn't rely on your valuation, gatfb. If he did, your mistake has cost him in the order of £800.

That is if you believe the valuation given by RoddyN.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:18 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
whosbrianwilson wrote:

That is if you believe the valuation given by RoddyN.

Too true lol
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:11 pm 
Post subject:

The ticket sold on ebay is just a ticket for the first game on 19th May 1971 with the date and result of the Replay typed at the bottom. This was obviously done after the game!

As previously stated above tickets from the first match were re-used to gain entry for the Replay.

If i were looking to buy a ''Proper'' Replay ticket and spend £1000 i'd fully expect to see printed somewhere ''ξαναπαίζω'' (Replay) in Greek with the date 21st May 1971 also clearly printed before the game.

As for a valuation re: the 1963 Fairs Cup Final Valencia v Zagreb i sold one circa 5 years ago on ebay for around £250. Hope this helps.
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the info..
Regarding the replay ticket.. I’ve been told one way to differentiate between the first match and the replay was the colour of the ticket. The first one on 19th was white whereas the replay was pink. Can anyone clarify?
The one sold yesterday was definitely pink.
gatfb

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:35 am 
Post subject:

Thank you cossie for the info. I did send a pm yesterday to RoddyN for more information on his post so that I could educate myself but I'm sure he has other more important things to do then reply to me.
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:34 am 
Post subject:

Regards this issue. I've now been accussed of the following in a pm ' You clearly were trying to dupe the seller into lowering the price by giving him a valuation that was so low'.

If anyone else should think this way I would say in my defence the same thing i said to the guy who pm me

'As for your assertion that I was clearly trying to dupe the seller into lowering the price by giving him a valuation that was so low it is totally laughable' . The guy had a buy it now price that by your account was far to low. So either it sold or it didn't regardless of my post'

If my original reply post was wrong I'm happy to accept the charge of ignorance but not skullduggery. Infact I would be utterly stupid to try and deramp on here when there are so many people that are so more knowledgeable than me.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: