Football Programmes Centre

The end of the football programme as we know it?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The end of the football programme as we know it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goonerak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm 
Post subject: The end of the football programme as we know it?

There is a motion proposed for the Football League AGM to remove the requirement for clubs to produce a matchday programme Shocked

https://twitter.com/TonyIncenzo/status/990228325858791424
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:43 pm 
Post subject:

http://10footballs.com/days-printed-football-programmes/

http://www.matchdaydigital.co.uk/

They'll probably still exist , but you'll need to print your own .
"Rare and scarce " programmes will be a thing of the past .They'll be online for forever .
New Forest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:56 pm 
Post subject: Re: The end of the football programme as we know it?

Goonerak wrote:
There is a motion proposed for the Football League AGM to remove the requirement for clubs to produce a matchday programme Shocked
]

I bet this idea comes from someone who purchased a Kindle, has an Alexa and has put there name down for an all-electric car, and just off to a Flat Earth Society talk.

As has been said before Fans do not need a programme that runs to 80 pages and makes your arms ache to hold it open and rips your inside pocket down.

I have just returned from watching Waltham Forest go five games undefeated to avoid relegation. Our programme runs to 24 pages, all original articles, fixtures, league tables, potted history of the opponents and line up and NO Adverts. All written by the members and yours for just a pound. It can also be down-loaded. Any clubs in the Football League who cannot manage even this should be ashamed of themselves. Bet your life if Sky made it compulsory to show details of forthcoming matches and dates and times being broadcast, this problem would not have arisen.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

As I say on every thread, if the clubs don't want to be bothered, the Supporters Club or Trust will do, and make a good bit of income from it. Plenty of fans still want to buy them.
bigearl79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:57 am 
Post subject:

I have heard from a fellow collector who know's someone can't high up at a championship club. He told him it seems a popular idea amongst other club officials. I know if we weren't getting money from the adverts that the EFL say you must carry, then our programme would be losing a lot of money. Think it may be a close vote at the very least.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: