Football Programmes Centre

Wanted Sutton United vs Borehamwood Programme and Teamsheet
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wanted Sutton United vs Borehamwood Programme and Teamsheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:19 pm 
Post subject: Wanted Sutton United vs Borehamwood Programme and Teamsheet

From todays game, I wasn't able to make it as at a christening! Really lookign to get hold of a programme and teamsheet from today playoff match if possible, club said they cant help.

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
DonQuixoteII

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:33 pm 
Post subject:

They couldn't help four days ago either...some clubs just don't get it. Most at National/North/South level just take your order over the phone and your card details.

I was shifted to a an email that bounced back and when I contacted the club via their website, nobody has got back to me since... 1/5
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

I am looking too! Doubtless the shortage has been caused, at least in part, by some who have bought multiple copies which will find their way onto Ebay at exorbitant prices. This then begs the question of how much are you prepared to pay?
At least by Sutton losing, had they got into the League, they will not have to consider ripping up their plastic pitch, which they would have had to have done!!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

Despite knowing the attendance may be north of 3000, (actually 2730), Sutton printed an inadequate amount of programmes. I was at the ground at 2:20, spent a few minutes chatting idly, went to the programme stall and club shop which are feet apart, and was told they had run out.

I went back at half time as there was a chance that a box might have been returned from the other side of the ground. But none had.

It sold out and Sutton lost the chance to make some money by printing enough to go round.

Promotion would have been worth an estimated £900k but then they'd have had to rip up their pitch and install a new grass one and hire proper groundsmen for maintenance. All they have at the moment are men with hosepipes. Plus they would lose all their income from hiring the pitch out, from hosting 2 or 3 other clubs, for saving hiring another ground for training and reserve games. That £900k wouldn't have lasted long and then there's the new players they'd need and higher wages to pay if they intended to compete at League Two.

The players gave everything this season but their style of football is Jurassic and I imagine there might have been a collective sigh of relief in the boardroom at 90 minutes.

But - well played SUFC, well done and thank you Paul Doswell and the team. Easy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:35 pm 
Post subject:

They even ran out of drinks in the away end and let us out at half time so we could stock up at local shops. Given the prog situation as well it would seem Sutton need to up their game off the pitch.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: