Football Programmes Centre

Current season issue going through the roof....
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Current season issue going through the roof....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonQuixoteII

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:12 pm 
Post subject: Current season issue going through the roof....

Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:29 pm 
Post subject: Current season issue going through the roof....

It's previously sold for £31, £28 & £20.

Must find some Laughing
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:11 pm 
Post subject:

First season in non-league for ex-League clubs is avidly collected by some, not just the club supporters. The print run for smaller clubs is quickly snapped up, and as a result are hard to find. It's the old supply and demand driving the prices, great if you are the seller!
bigdavethemaddog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:55 pm 
Post subject:

in six months time it will go for a quid.
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:56 pm 
Post subject:

i went to the game and bought a spare one. Glad i did because mine was the one that sold for £31.30 Shocked
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

200 printed for sale plus extras for the hospitality areas etc. Normally sufficient for the game, then as the gates open, people start buying numerous copies, one bought 18, another 12, another 10 plus several buying 2 to 5 copies. Come 2.10 none left. A few Guiseley games this season have seen sell outs and a few where several left, the Accrington FA cup game was a sell out 30 minutes before kick off and fetched a premium for a while. Now you can pick them up for less than face value. No chance of a reprint. I had a few copies which I let regulars have and posted one to a young Orient supporter from this forum.
If people didn’t multi buy to make a quick profit there would have been plenty for those who wanted one at the game. The club have even mentioned only selling one copy per person in the future.
There was no pre orders for the issue apart from the young Orient fan from this forum.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

People are getting wise and multi buying. At the very least it's a free day out as the profit will cover price of ticket, food , drink and fuel. I guess the answer is to turn up early. Selling one per customer will rarely work as you buy from another seller, then another , then five minutes later repeat .
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:54 pm 
Post subject:

Usually only one seller at Guiseley. Sales to home supporters are usually around 100 and often less. A couple have been retrieved from the sponsors lounge and the Supporters club selling on EBay all profits to charity, hence the buy it now currently available.
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

a seller at home end and one at the away end as you went in
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 pm 
Post subject:

The odd occasion we have a segregated match there is also a seller in the away end. We do not have segregated games very often, so usually only one programme seller
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:51 am 
Post subject:

I went to a pre-season game many years ago, Glentoran v Palace in Belfast.
Must have been circa 100 Palace fans make the trip.

Ground opened about 1.30 and the one programme seller was swamped, people buying 2, 5 even the odd ten at a time, for friends who didn't go.

Me being me I just bought my usual one, but by 2 o'clock they had sold out and the stunned seller then had to tell everyone who came up to him he'd sold out and that he'd never seen anything like it.

Hardly any made ebay, to be fair they were largely for fellow fans back home.

I'm not sure who is really in the wrong in such situations, to be honest I'd like to think the club might quickly announce they'd do an identical reprint in the coming days.

It's odd but you can't always see it coming. These days looking at the Palace away support, collecting programmes at away games is very much a minority thing, most don't bother, which is a shame because your ticket stub is all you have to show for a long and expensive day out, but to be honest most programmes have relatively little for the away fan.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am 
Post subject:

Less people buying programmes = less programmes getting produced = pretty good for the hobby (I'd have thought?) regards availability & value / holding their value.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: