Football Programmes Centre

Impatient buyer
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Impatient buyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:11 pm 
Post subject: Impatient buyer

I sold an item on Thursday evening for a couple of quid via ebay and sent the buyer the following (names removed).

Hi ,.
Thanks for your payment. I have packed item and normally send out straight away. However given that it is Easter I will not send till Tuesday, as I believe it is better for me to keep hold of it then to leave it in the post over a long weekend.

I duly sent out on Tuesday. Today he emails me wanting to know where his item is.

I'm starting to remember now a few of the reasons why I took a hiatus from selling on ebay.
beaudog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:42 pm 
Post subject: Impatient buyer

Perhaps he has a poor command of English ?
Sometimes the more you try to explain and help people the more they become confused and angry.
Keep going, not your fault.
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

Thumbs Up
kenners46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:56 pm 
Post subject:

Just a quick question, did you send the message via the email address shown on ebay or via an ebay message...reason i ask ive sent a few emails to people recently and then when no response i send another via ebay and they say they never recvd any email , no idea where the emails go
Baltimore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:16 pm 
Post subject:

Just a thought, but some in experienced ebayers, or those who use a partners emails address etc, may not twig that there is a message waiting in their inbox.( or indeed in their email).

I commend your patience however.

Ian
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

Understand what you are saying guys but in this instance he did respond with this. Cool thanks 4 letting me know.

Hopefully it will be with him soon.
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:44 pm 
Post subject:

gatfb wrote:
Understand what you are saying guys but in this instance he did respond with this. Cool thanks 4 letting me know.

Hopefully it will be with him soon.
I hope his feedback will be more gracious than his understanding.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:50 pm 
Post subject: impatient

Re the question of why some people don't receive emails sent through Ebay it's because Ebay censor them! If there's any mention of contact details, doing deals away from Ebay or generally losing Ebay income they sometimes withhold sent emails and the intended receiver doesn't receive them. I've experienced this in the past. Shocked
roughyedz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 am 
Post subject:

kenners46 wrote:
Just a quick question, did you send the message via the email address shown on ebay or via an ebay message...reason i ask ive sent a few emails to people recently and then when no response i send another via ebay and they say they never recvd any email , no idea where the emails go

In their Spam folder and then deleted Shocked
roughyedz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 am 
Post subject: Re: Impatient buyer

beaudog wrote:
Sometimes the more you try to explain and help people the more they become confused and angry.

Just listen to Alan Beswick on BBC Radio Manchester and Lancashire and you will see just how many people there are out there that just dont comprehend a simple exchange of views and a simple conversation in plain English Shake
Eck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 am 
Post subject: Re: Impatient buyer

roughyedz wrote:
beaudog wrote:

Just listen to Alan Beswick on BBC Radio Manchester and Lancashire and you will see just how many people there are out there that just dont comprehend a simple exchange of views and a simple conversation in plain English Shake

I loved his show on Red Rose radio when I lived in Blackpool in the 80's, A guy called Scotty McClue totally ripped off his show and brought it to Scotland, claiming to be a pioneer in this kind of show.
gatfb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:50 pm 
Post subject:

Well must have got it as he left positive feedback. Well I think it is as he just left the word'cool' Smile
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: impatient

TheSorter! wrote:
Re the question of why some people don't receive emails sent through Ebay it's because Ebay censor them! If there's any mention of contact details, doing deals away from Ebay or generally losing Ebay income they sometimes withhold sent emails and the intended receiver doesn't receive them. I've experienced this in the past. Shocked

that is easily swerved, send an image with your reply with your details-always works. Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ntw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:30 pm 
Post subject: Re: impatient

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
TheSorter! wrote:

that is easily swerved, send an image with your reply with your details-always works. Wave

Nice one Les: that’s better than my solutions of using [at] and [dot] which used to beat the system. They cottoned on to that and now these get caught too, but only if you reply in their message system; if you reply to the email when you get a message from someone (ie reply through you’re mail provider rather than using the ‘teply’button in the body of the mail that diverts you to their messaging system) the this still works-I suspect thinking about it, you can probably type what you want in this, but not tried it recently.
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:56 pm 
Post subject:

There was no post on Friday , and none on Monday so he sounds a bit thick .
You did the correct thing waiting until a day the pillar boxes are emptied , because a few ( trade secret ) leak water pretty badly if there is a lot of rain.
Obviously , the longer an item sits in a box, the more potential of a soggy letter.
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:30 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
You did the correct thing waiting until a day the pillar boxes are emptied , because a few ( trade secret ) leak water pretty badly if there is a lot of rain.
Obviously , the longer an item sits in a box, the more potential of a soggy letter.

Wullie, any other trade secrets, I've had four envelopes go astray that I posted on the same day?

Not linked to the bank holiday but all received that I posted either side of that day.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:49 am 
Post subject:

GrestytheLion wrote:
Wullie wrote:

Wullie, any other trade secrets, I've had four envelopes go astray that I posted on the same day?

Not linked to the bank holiday but all received that I posted either side of that day.

The postie has em on his bedroom whilst sorting through them of course . . Lol . Shocked
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:06 pm 
Post subject:

It's common knowledge that first class is a waste of money as most second class are treated the same during normal periods . Well they are put at the back of the queue , but mail volumes (letters) are so light nowadays , most work their way through the system the same day as first.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: