Football Programmes Centre

REAL MADRID V SERVETTE EURO CUP 12-10-1955 1st ever in euro
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
REAL MADRID V SERVETTE EURO CUP 12-10-1955 1st ever in euro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcn2461

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:04 pm 
Post subject: REAL MADRID V SERVETTE EURO CUP 12-10-1955 1st ever in euro

hi,anyone intrested in a super rare real madrid v servette 12-10-1955 this was for real madrids first match in europe and for servette.
the very first match ticket that took real madrid to their first euro cup final win and lots more after.
as usual for spanish at that time they did not print the teams on the tickets,so the buyer of the ticket at that time usually wrote team names date score etc on the back as seen on this ticket.
Sherlock
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:36 pm 
Post subject: Re: REAL MADRID V SERVETTE EURO CUP 12-10-1955 1st ever in e

bcn2461 wrote:
hi,anyone intrested in a super rare real madrid v servette 12-10-1955 this was for real madrids first match in europe and for servette.
the very first match ticket that took real madrid to their first euro cup final win and lots more after.
as usual for spanish at that time they did not print the teams on the tickets,so the buyer of the ticket at that time usually wrote team names date score etc on the back as seen on this ticket.
Sherlock

I am afraid that is not quite accurate, Real Madrid DID issue tickets with a name and the date on as well as the basic entrance ticket, here are some examples for the following season 1956-7:
https://flic.kr/p/6fGQ4Y
https://flic.kr/p/6fCDer
https://flic.kr/p/Z82M9U

As the Bernabeu capacity was so large the ticket you have shown was a basic entrance ticket, more than likely in the "Gods" standing, however, once in the stadium you could transfer to a better seat and pay a higher price, or you could purchase in advance a better seat on the lower pitch level or the 2nd tier which was a reserved seat in the examples I have attached. The top tier was standing[not if you had vertigo!]

For this match in Madrid United played Real in front of 134,000! and the entrance ticket was for the top tier of the stadium, this is an image of that game and you can see for yourselves https://flic.kr/p/6fGNqd

I have never seen a reserved seat for the 1968 European Cup Semi-Final also between Real and United, so the Reserved seat with match teams and the date are very scarce indeed compared to the entrance ticket.

Hope this explains it a little more
Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bcn2461

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 pm 
Post subject:

the ticket is for a real madrid club member (SOCIO) for a seat so i doubt it would be a general ticket for the gods (VOMITARIO) standing . door number 19 (PUERTA 19) i would think it was for the main stand ASSUMING door number 1 was the players entrance back then.
it was usual hence why you see more real madrid tickets and barca tickets for that time with no team names on same in the league matches.yes there are SOME for that time with names on but i would bet few and far between
i hope this helps fill in the gaps Judge
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: