Football Programmes Centre

Press photo 1920's Arsenal
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Press photo 1920's Arsenal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 pm 
Post subject: Press photo 1920's Arsenal

Me again and another photo from Highbury (99% sure). Arsenal player is left on his knees in all red shirt and white shorts and that dates it to 1920-28.

The opposing players are presumably in blue shirts and white shorts with black socks & hooped turn-overs - that looks like Leicester City who wore that kit in that period and played at Arsenal in Div 1 in 1925/6, 26/7, 27/8 and 28/9.

So can anyone verify that for me please, and perhaps also identify the 2 players middle and right? Shame the bald bloke, presumably a Gooner, behind the one in the middle is so obscured.

It's stamped Sport & General, London but all other details are lost.

Many thanks as always

Sherlock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: