Football Programmes Centre

World Cup 2014 Host City Badges - advice?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World Cup 2014 Host City Badges - advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbs1trg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:11 pm 
Post subject: World Cup 2014 Host City Badges - advice?

I’ve been asked if I want to buy six World Cup 2014 Host Venue pin badges (e.g. Belo Horizonte, Recife, Natal, etc).

They are official FIFA issue, individually packaged and unopened - they are attractive badges for sure, but I have no idea what a fair price would be to offer. I couldn’t find much on either eBay or Google (apart from this grainy image!)

Can any of the badge aficionados offer any advice, please?

littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:24 am 
Post subject:

They're very nice badges, but despite collecting WC badges myself, I tend not to bother with these as I find they're usually heavily overpriced, often at £12 to £15 each. I'd sooner buy something wholly more vintage for that kind of money.

I'd only pay £4 or £5 apiece for issues like these (and probably less for a bulk purchase), which you usually can if you're prepared to bide your time. So in answer to your question buddy, I'd only offer £20 / maybe £25 for the set of six if it were me, as these mass produced, modern issues are only ever going to depreciate in value during our lifetime sadly.

For me they fall into the "nice to have, not going to lose any sleep if I don't have" category.

Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
sbs1trg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Wiggy - some very balanced advice there.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 pm 
Post subject:

My pleasure buddy. And it's only my opinion of course.

If I could get all six for around the £20-25 mark, I'd be tempted to buy them. They are nice and a full set is always extra desirable and lovely to have.

But being a poor man, I always buy with one eye on any potential re-sale value. So a tenner-plus each just isn't sensible for modern items like these. I see a lad on eBay for example is currently knocking the Russian venue set, like these out for £14-99 per badge.

The only modern badge I'd pay that for is something special that'll likely hold its price, like this Jules Rimet trophy badge I bought a couple of weeks ago which cost me £16 with European postage ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
garyspain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:47 pm 
Post subject:

I know somebody in Australia looking for the Rio one. Happy to put you in touch if you have one to sell. No idea of value.
Stuckin1au

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:03 am 
Post subject: Thanks garyspain, Im still no closer to finding the rio one

garyspain wrote:
I know somebody in Australia looking for the Rio one. Happy to put you in touch if you have one to sell. No idea of value.
Stuckin1au

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:05 am 
Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Host City Badges - advice?

sbs1trg wrote:
I’ve been asked if I want to buy six World Cup 2014 Host Venue pin badges (e.g. Belo Horizonte, Recife, Natal, etc).

They are official FIFA issue, individually packaged and unopened - they are attractive badges for sure, but I have no idea what a fair price would be to offer. I couldn’t find much on either eBay or Google (apart from this grainy image!)

Can any of the badge aficionados offer any advice, please?

Did you end up buying these pins? and if so did you get the Rio one with it?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: