Football Programmes Centre

Programmes not selling on Ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programmes not selling on Ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:39 pm 
Post subject: Programmes not selling on Ebay

I'm having problems selling my programmes on Ebay even though I don't ask silly prices and quite often list scarce items. Is anybody else having the same problems? Sad
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

I'm having trouble selling anything! lol

I think there's just so much stuff on there that unless it's the cream, nothing's really shifting.

Plus I expect folk have a lot of credit cards to pay off in Jan & Feb buddy, after maxing out the plazzy over Chrimbo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Westbourne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

Over 1 million items in football memorabilia good luck. EBay is the winner now. Listing fees selling fees, 10% postage PayPal fees. and then postage and packing charges. Welcome to the world of rip off ebay.
bigdavethemaddog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 pm 
Post subject:

i find close season is a good selling period.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Ebay is better terms for the buyer than a 'real' auction. Can pay by any plastic you like (one auction I saw details of today doesn't even take debit card payments now) and the price you see is the price you pay, including seeing the price for postage

Of course the rarer stuff usually appears at 'proper' auctions, but ebay still has its moments and has given me some great stuff over the years
Westbourne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

The post was selling not buying.
albion99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:46 pm 
Post subject:

I still consider myself a novice when it comes to selling my programmes but to date have been happy to sell what I've sold all on Ebay.
I'm accepting no one does anything for nothing these days, we all want that elusive bargain whatever it is.
I simply take the view, that Ebay provides me with a worldwide marketplace to sell in to.
With no experience of selling in any of the other options available I suppose mine is a very narrow view of whats available to us?
When I look at programmes for sale on Ebay with the 'BUY IT NOW' option I find myself wondering how much of a deterrent that is to the average buyer, or a joke to those collectors more in the know of just how accurate that NOW price really is?
I'm happy to continue posting a starting price (right or wrong) and let the market determine the selling price.
Just out of curiosity has anyone ever attempted to discover how many collectors there are roughly as I do believe that we are becoming fewer by the year?
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:55 pm 
Post subject: programmes not selling

The problem these days is that not many kids collect programmes because they are more interested in phones and x-boxes. It's an older man's hobby these days I'm afraid. When I was a kid in the sixties I remember all the ads for 'programme bundles' for a few bob in 'Goal' and 'Football Monthly' Those were the days!! Love
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:39 pm 
Post subject:

I listed 58 West Ham items a couple of weeks ago, all of them sold above the starting price, many went for well above

Just stick to the basics - use good quality scans rather than photos (especially blurred photos), time your auctions to finish on a Sunday afternoon/evening, be honest when describing faults, don't clutter up your descriptions with loads of waffle, be consistent in your format, only list when you know you are going to actually post out the next day, use good quality envelopes when you post, charge postage at cost with a small mark up for the packaging and list your items in batches which encourage people to bid on similar items (for example, list tickets one week, programmes the next rather than muddling up lots of different categories and clubs). In short - be professional.

Works for me!
martino

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
I listed 58 West Ham items a couple of weeks ago, all of them sold above the starting price, many went for well above

Just stick to the basics - use good quality scans rather than photos (especially blurred photos), time your auctions to finish on a Sunday afternoon/evening, be honest when describing faults, don't clutter up your descriptions with loads of waffle, be consistent in your format, only list when you know you are going to actually post out the next day, use good quality envelopes when you post, charge postage at cost with a small mark up for the packaging and list your items in batches which encourage people to bid on similar items (for example, list tickets one week, programmes the next rather than muddling up lots of different categories and clubs). In short - be professional.

Works for me!

And me. Excellent advice.

And two more pieces of advice - 1. It is pointless offering items for sale that others cannot sell. It is easy to check if a particular item is being offered by other sellers and, also, if it sells. 2. If like items do not sell and you want rid of them bundle them up and offer them cheap.

E Bay offers instant access to a worldwide market, they are in business to make a profit, like the fees or not they are upfront with their fee structure. As others have said if you do not like it do not use it.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: