Football Programmes Centre

F.A.O .Man City fans
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
F.A.O .Man City fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dinky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:18 am 
Post subject: F.A.O .Man City fans

What goal gave you the most pleasure?
Sergio Agurio v QPR to win league or Denis Law v United to relegate them?
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 am 
Post subject:

For a start Denis's goal didn't relegate United that's a bit of a myth.

Sergio's goal was truly one of those moments when time seemed to stand still and then it hit the back of the net and the stadium exploded !
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:38 am 
Post subject: Re: F.A.O .Man City fans

Dinky wrote:
What goal gave you the most pleasure?
Sergio Agurio v QPR to win league or Denis Law v United to relegate them?

No issue in my view, in 1974 the match was dire and even if Denis Law had not scored United would have been relegated, it also virtually ended Denis's career for he did play a couple of friendlies in 1974/75 but retired when the league programme started.
The match v. QPR was different----with United leading at Sunderland every City fan knew that the team HAD to win, going in at halftime leading 1-0 a calm, confident mood had settled in the stadium. Then BANG---Rangers scored two breakaway goals and desperation set in, attack after attack foundered and time was running out. After having the trophy in our clutches we were now, not only facing defeat, but facing ridicule by the media over the next few weeks. We had a corner, over came the ball and Djeko headed a goal--it was a face saver but nothing else, just a slight reprise from the forthcoming criticism and maybe a very slight help to the pride of the team. From the kick off the team went onto the attack, only seconds were left, passing the ball around the edge of the penalty area was no good (we thought), please, please, will someone have a shot at the goal, anyone, even Joe Hart, we couldn't care less at that point and then 'Agueroooooooooooo!'
The stadium erupted in a crescendo of noise(was it celebration, was it relief--we didn't care),people were hugging each other,old men were dancing in the aisles (or maybe prancing), a women in front of me was kissing me (we had only exchanged a few words all season) but I am not complaining even though I have lost her number Very Happy ,it was total disarray and mayhem of the pure, highest order and a moment I (all of us) will never forget.
So, in terms of proper football memories there is no comparison---that goal by Sergio(and, I know, people are getting fed up of seeing it on tv time after time) is what us City fans will always remember, our little bit of success not the demise(at the time) of our local rivals.
AND the guy who nicked that phone number--can I have it back? Wink
Baltimore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

Igor Balis penalty for West Brom away at Valley Parade, in injury time.

It set up WBA to only need a home win in final game to gain access to the Premier League.which they did!

Watch it on You Tube.

Absolute mass hysteria broke out in the Away end. Gary Megson the Baggies coach couldn’t decide whether to watch the Penalty.you will never see a more clear cut penalty in you life! I reckon Bob Taylor is still limping after that tackle!

It makes me anxious watching the penalty even now.Legend has it that Igor Balis spoke very little English and was very hard of hearing!

Anyhow.....football legend!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: