Football Programmes Centre

University Challenge
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
University Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New Forest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:33 pm 
Post subject: University Challenge

May or may not be a University photograph, but does anyone recognise any of the faces or the colours. Clearly a cut above usual photographs of this period (I am assuming Edwardian) as they have matching socks and wearing mostly matching jackets.

It has never been posted nor it there any clues on the reverse, apart from 'B71'.

There must hundreds of postcards similar to this where we have lost the identities of those teams and players.

Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 pm 
Post subject: University Challenge

Front row with glasses, could be Jacob Rees Mogg before he became a famous Tory?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:27 pm 
Post subject:

Joking aside (and Jacob Rees Mogg is exactly that), the chap in the back row, second left, looks a bit like Douglas Jardine (Oxford 1920-23)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
KJD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

Jardine's wiki says he played his football as a goalkeeper. Is that a different colour shirt to the pair on the right hand end of the back row?

Possibly Winchester College 1914-1919 or New College Oxford 1919-1923?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: