Football Programmes Centre

Question for collectors
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question for collectors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Steve Aizlewood used to collect programmes when he was at the County in the 1970s, I remember reading an article where he ripped an old settee apart for someone to take to the tip, and found a few really old programmes that had disappeared down the back, which sparked his interest.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:43 am 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
Many of the top Premiership players are keen collectors, it's pretty much common knowledge.

They tend to collect Ferraris & hookers.

I think there's A LOT more money to be made in cars than programmes as investments, long term
TheMusic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:29 am 
Post subject:

Cossie, on a different topic, I've sent you a couple of emails over the last couple of weeks re: a ticket but have had no reply. Could you get in contact please? Cheers.
Sir Moses Hill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:50 am 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
I have occasionally wondered what the effect on the hobby would be if one - just one - of these £100k/week Premier League players developed an interest in it.

Back in saner days, we had Jim Langley of Fulham who was a cigarette card collector and Billy Caskey of Derby who was an inveterate newspaper collector.

There was certainly at least one player in the 50s whose programme collecting enthusiasm earned him a mention in Football Monthly.

So it could happen!?

Didn't know that. Casko's still going strong for the Glentoran Legends (second from left). You may also recognise Victor Moreland (second from right).

Collectors will also appreciate that the shirt sponsor of the Glentoran Legends is the Glentoran Gazette.

bluefatnose

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:05 pm 
Post subject:

Sir Moses,

Who are the other 4 players? Is the first one Johnny Jameson and the 3rd Rab McCreery?
1881Orient

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

Sir Moses Hill wrote:
derby1884 wrote:
I have occasionally wondered what the effect on the hobby would be if one - just one - of these £100k/week Premier League players developed an interest in it.

Back in saner days, we had Jim Langley of Fulham who was a cigarette card collector and Billy Caskey of Derby who was an inveterate newspaper collector.

There was certainly at least one player in the 50s whose programme collecting enthusiasm earned him a mention in Football Monthly.

So it could happen!?

Didn't know that. Casko's still going strong for the Glentoran Legends (second from left). You may also recognise Victor Moreland (second from right).

Collectors will also appreciate that the shirt sponsor of the Glentoran Legends is the Glentoran Gazette.

Hiya,

Are you a Glentoran fan by any chance, please?

If so, maybe you'll know a little about Joe Elwood.

One of the youngest players to represent the club....

Best wishes,

Davis
stickman

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:25 pm 
Post subject:

Throughout his career and after, Stan Bowles was an avid collector of losing betting slips. Good old Stan.

Ps: If anyone's got a spare prog for sale of Stan's game from the beginning of the season QPR v Bournemouth. Let me know. Cheers.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: