Football Programmes Centre

The Great Glasgow Fair
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Great Glasgow Fair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 pm 
Post subject: The Great Glasgow Fair

A huge turnout, I would guess at around 100 through the door, possibly more, at times it was 2 deep at all of the tables, thoroughly enjoyable,some good chat and banter.
Many thanks to Douglas for hosting again, to Derek Hunter for getting me there and back and to the punters who supported us.
marooned11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:33 pm 
Post subject: Great Glasgow Programme Fair

I can only echo Alec's words and thoughts about yesterday's Programme Fair in Glasgow. Despite terrible weather and the fact that some people were clearly working yesterday did remind me of 'the good old days' of Programme Fairs. There were plenty of customers ( certainly over100 ), representing a wide range of clubs - Third Lanark, Celtic, Rangers, Hibs,Hearts, St.Johnstone - and there was even one gentleman from London who confessed to being a Millwall supporter....and then proceeded to buy whatever he wanted !
It was good to catch up with old and new friends and contacts. Perhaps there was an element of risk in choosing this particular day but Douglas should be congratulated in judging things perfectly and for organising such a successful Fair. Many thanks are also due to Alec Boyd for publicising the Fair amongst his many contacts.
Yesterday's Fair built on all the hard work of John Holroyd and his excellent Fairs in Auchenleck and proved that there is a very bright future for Programme Fairs north of the border.
Many thanks for a great day,
Derek.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: