Football Programmes Centre

EBAY TIMEWASTER!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
EBAY TIMEWASTER!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:35 pm 
Post subject: EBAY TIMEWASTER!

Be very careful selling anything on Ebay to shopper589. I sent him some items that I described well with any faults listed and he still wanted a refund saying that they weren't described well enough. I think he expected 60 odd year old programmes to be guaranteed mint! Confused
roughyedz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:21 am 
Post subject:

Hi Soreter . . .
I find this a bit of an odd thing toi say about a buyer, any buyer is entitled to a refund if they want to return an item that they have bought off anyone, some people's idea of good condition or such like is very different to someone elses, however as i said if the programmes concerned have been returned at the expence of the buyer then that is perfectly above board ( and within E-Bay rules ) and no reason at all to post the comment that you have done "Be very careful selling anything on Ebay to shopper589" for no other reason that he has returned an item or two.......... If on the other hand he had raised a dispute after two days and been refunded by E-Bay you may have a case for a moan or two........... At the end of the day im sure we ALL have had items returned or even returned them outselves and this is no reason to slag someone else off . . . . unless you have other reasons of course ???? We have all also been screwed by the scammers who say an item has never arrived and ask for a full refund, i myself suffered this last week off a chap who had left 3 feedback on 20 items purchased, ( i wonderd if all the other 17 had been refunded, but you can not tell if that is so or not the way E-Bay works can you ) he said afer 4 days "its not arrived" then next thing he raises a dispute without even asking for his money back.........
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

I bought something off eBay last week and the seller sent the wrong item . I sent him a note and he replied " no problem, return the item, i'm sure you get plenty free stamps ( he knew i was a postman) and i'll send the other.
First of all no apology . Then the nerve to say i could get free stamps. As the item was sent Special Delivery it would have cost me for the service , same as any member of the public. That ruined his 100% positive feedback . Laughing
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I bought something off eBay last week and the seller sent the wrong item . I sent him a note and he replied " no problem, return the item, i'm sure you get plenty free stamps ( he knew i was a postman) and i'll send the other.
First of all no apology . Then the nerve to say i could get free stamps. As the item was sent Special Delivery it would have cost me for the service , same as any member of the public. That ruined his 100% positive feedback . Laughing

Perhaps a tad harsh, he may have thought he was a funny man-clearly as far as you are concerned-he ain't! Laughing

You must have heard that one about a 1000 times-just put it down to yet another arse wipe in this hobby and I would further point out that ebay does not have a monopoly on arse wipes either No Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
DySporting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 am 
Post subject:

I had a buyer last week who bought an item - great - left positive feedback - great.

Then this week opened a case saying the item hadn’t arrived. I pointed out about the feedback which was ignored.

I refused to refund as I didn’t believe him and eBay gave him the money back anyway after he upped the complaint.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:03 am 
Post subject:

DySporting wrote:
I had a buyer last week who bought an item - great - left positive feedback - great.

Then this week opened a case saying the item hadn’t arrived. I pointed out about the feedback which was ignored.

I refused to refund as I didn’t believe him and eBay gave him the money back anyway after he upped the complaint.

Great way to get an item for FREE ,,,,,,,,unforetunately thers a lot of these scammers about on E-Bay now
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:57 am 
Post subject:

It won't be long before even budget tuppenny-ha'penny sellers will refuse to use standard post, and will only send recorded or special.

This is probably what eBay want though, after all, the more money we part with the bigger their slice.

There's no other logical reason why they purposely encourage this theft.

That's why I'm happy to rip them off at every oppo.
Every time they close a loophole to stop me doing side deals, I make it my mission to come up with new ways to get around them.

Anyone that plays fair with them is a mug in my opinion.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
WHU2711

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:42 am 
Post subject:

For years I have been using the Certificate of posting through Royal Mail

Very few claims from buyers but when they have I claimed through Royal Mail and they refunded me, even once when 7 items all sent at the same time went missing (more a mail issue there than buyer)

it is free and I assume Royal Mail themselves would investigate a buyer who is claiming this on a regular basis as they are the people losing out on this type of fraud
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: