Football Programmes Centre

What World Cup 2018 stuff are you/will you be collecting?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What World Cup 2018 stuff are you/will you be collecting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:08 pm 
Post subject: What World Cup 2018 stuff are you/will you be collecting?

So 2018 looks to be a historic one for England - just when Esso/Sainsburys didn't bother to make any World Cup coins for the England team!

What have you obtained, or are looking to obtain as a momento? Or will you be waiting to see if we get to the Final/win it first?

Myself, I resisted the Panini stickers as they would have worked out expensive, but I've treated myself to the tournament brochure, and will buy the final programme if England make it.

There's not a vast amount of collectible stuff over here in the UK apart from clothing of course, so ebay might be the place to hunt out some collectible stuff like the mascot or maybe a poster?
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:30 pm 
Post subject:

Collecting tickets from all England games, I now have every England World Cup ticket back to Luxembourg away, 1961

Hadn't really thought apart from that, it's hard to see any of the modern stuff ever being worth anything or "iconic" - but of course that's exactly what people thought back in 1966 no doubt.

Should we do the unthinkable I will pick up every paper from the day after the game, my son is only 4 so something nice to show him in a few years. Would also probably cave in and start filling in a Panini album
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 pm 
Post subject:

There are some nice 'Russian dolls' (ie stacking or nesting dolls) on ebay, which I suppose are kind of 'iconic' for this tournament.

I went to the 2006 tournament in Germany and got a commemorative beer stein with hinged pewter lid, that was kind of symbolic of that World Cup!
bee007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:31 pm 
Post subject:

Should England do the unthinkable and reach the Final, what would be the best way to obtain an official Programme from the Final without being ripped off.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

IMO its worth getting one you know came from Russia on the day, and not some 2nd/3rd edition reprint from after the event.

If England win the whole thing, would be lovely to get a special edition 'winners' set of England Soccerstarz figures.

There, that's put the curse on it!
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 pm 
Post subject:

The blue brochure is 800 rubles which is about £10 at the stadiums. I imagine the final will be at least the same.

In fairness I think many of the prices on ebay are still reasonable.

Of course if England make the final I'd expect it to sellout on the day.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:48 pm 
Post subject:

I attended 15 games from the opening match to Uruguay v Portugal.

I collected

1) the blue brochure
2) the black VIP one
3) a coke and Bud souvenir cup from each game I attended
4) the Free Lions from the 2 England games I attended
5) The Helmut (their Free Lions equivalent) from the German game I attended.
6) Teamsheets when I could get them - Russian and English
7) Bits and Bobs of city brochures
Cool The official magazine in Russian newsagents (blue cover)
9) A couple of pins from the official store.
10) kept my match tickets and Fan ID
11) Lanyard with match details for the first 4 games in the Luzhniki showing exits (don't think they were in other stadiums).
12) The special Visa charge card (I got it without having to put money on it).
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:01 pm 
Post subject:

bee007 wrote:
Should England do the unthinkable and reach the Final, what would be the best way to obtain an official Programme from the Final without being ripped off.

Programme monthly are offering a 15% discount so you save over £1.
I suspect that ebay will be full of the programmes so wait a few months for the uproar to die down and you will then pick lots of programmes and souvenirs up for pennies
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: