Football Programmes Centre

FAC Weekend Live Footy
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FAC Weekend Live Footy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:11 pm 
Post subject: FAC Weekend Live Footy

Just a heads-up to those that have Sky / Virgin / Satellite packages ... our FA Cup game at home to Walsall is live on S4C (Welsh Ch.4) this teatime at 5:15pm - which you can get through your boxes in the UK.

Thought I'd mention it in case Boiled 'Am v Liverpool on BT didn't appeal to you.

Wink Smile

Only downside is their commentary is always in Welsh - but they often have the *Red Button option to switch to English commentary.

* This is usually subject to contractual agreement though, so I don't know if they allow it for the FAC - they don't have it for Wales International games either.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the "heads up" wiggy

The premiership is just Pants........ Get My Coat Get My Coat

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:14 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers Pete.

The lads didn't disgrace me either.

Smile

Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

Never been to that ground let alone even seen it on TV before. That stand opposite he cameras looks huge on TV!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Never been to that ground let alone even seen it on TV before. That stand opposite he cameras looks huge on TV!

That's the Hazel stand mate, a proper relic that's about 90 years old.
It's a poor ground, even the new (Bisley) stand where the camera gantry hangs is pants. It's poorly designed and has a roof which doesn't keep the rain off you unless you sit right at the back.

Mind you, it's still heaps better than Spytty Park that had an athletics track around the pitch. Plus it's bang in the centre of town, so location wise it can't be faulted.

Sadly, apart from two seasons at Somerton Park at the turn of 90s, we haven't had a ground to call our own for 28 years now - and I doubt we ever will again in my lifetime.

foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:01 am 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
Dorking wrote:

It's a poor ground, even the new (Bisley) stand where the camera gantry hangs is pants. It's poorly designed and has a roof which doesn't keep the rain off you unless you sit right at the back.

Mind you, it's still heaps better than Spytty Park that had an athletics track around the pitch. Plus it's bang in the centre of town, so location wise it can't be faulted.

Sadly, apart from two seasons at Somerton Park at the turn of 90s, we haven't had a ground to call our own for 28 years now - and I doubt we ever will again in my lifetime.

Remember a few years ago some Leicester City fans called in at Newport when our game at Cardiff City was called of due to a frozen pitch and Newport played. All to do with the Cardiff chairman at the time not getting the undersoil heating commissioned so it couldn't be switched on.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 pm 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:
Dorking wrote:

Remember a few years ago some Leicester City fans called in at Newport when our game at Cardiff City was called of due to a frozen pitch and Newport played. All to do with the Cardiff chairman at the time not getting the undersoil heating commissioned so it couldn't be switched on.

I remember hearing or reading about that at the time buddy.
It definitely rings a bell.

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: