Football Programmes Centre

Complete collection -proceeds to charity
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Complete collection -proceeds to charity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G444

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 am 
Post subject: Complete collection -proceeds to charity

Hello - new to this forum so apologies in advance for making new person errors. The time has come to move on my late brothers collection of football programmes. His collection contains a lot of NUFC programmes but includes England internationals and tbh all sorts. He was quite obsessed by football (to put it mildly!) so the collection fills a large suitcase (included). I have tried to sort through this a couple of times but don’t really know where to start but I reckon there are 300+ programmes. Collection or courier but I reckon it might weigh over 25kilo’s.All proceeds will go to brain injury charity. Hope someone is interested.

Goeff
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:36 am 
Post subject: Prog

Hello Geoff
If you post some photos on the forum we can give you an idea of valuation.
Without photos, years or condition it's impossible to help.
You could be talking £30 or you could be talking hundreds of pounds for charity all depends on the year.
If they are post 1970 you would be better off taking to a charity shop but if pre 1960 or Newcastle in Europe you may be better off here or an auction house.
Let us know and we will help to get a good donation to charity if you have saleable items
Thumbs Up
dcfc46

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:15 pm 
Post subject: Complete collection-proceeds to charity

PM Sent
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: Complete collection -proceeds to charity

G444 wrote:
Hello - new to this forum so apologies in advance for making new person errors. The time has come to move on my late brothers collection of football programmes. His collection contains a lot of NUFC programmes but includes England internationals and tbh all sorts. He was quite obsessed by football (to put it mildly!) so the collection fills a large suitcase (included). I have tried to sort through this a couple of times but don’t really know where to start but I reckon there are 300+ programmes. Collection or courier but I reckon it might weigh over 25kilo’s.All proceeds will go to brain injury charity. Hope someone is interested.

Goeff

Hi

Yes you have had good advice from Holtie especially if you have any Manchester United programmes from pre-1960 either home or away.
As soon as you can give out some details, the quicker you will get to know more about it all.
Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
G444

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:32 pm 
Post subject: Hello again and thank everyone

Well I have taken some photos made a gallery sadly with a few repeats - no idea where it’s gone!
G444

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:26 pm 
Post subject: Photo trouble so here’s a list

Stoke city v Newcastle Monday 27th March 1967
Nottingham forest v Newcastle Saturday 8th April 1972
Arsenal v Newcastle 71/72 season

And 300 more from about the same era.
Newcastle home games 1960/70’s and European matches

Also approx 50 England programmes home and away.

Geoff
Westbourne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:28 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like run of the mill stuff.. Have you any Newcastle away in Europe
G444

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:44 pm 
Post subject: Run of the mill

Newcastle v rangers 21st may 1969
Newcastle v real Zaragoza 15th jan 1969
Vitoria v Newcastle 26th March 1969
Newcastle v Aalborg 1966
Newcastle v Pecsi dozsa 1970
Newcastle v feyenord 1968
And some others home and away

And a Jackie Kilburn testimonial!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm 
Post subject:

Wish you well with your endeavours, but looking at it you're going to be struggling to get a decent amount for them. Best bet might be auction.
G444

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:20 pm 
Post subject: Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply and wise words of advice. I’m not even sure what a decent amount would be and I appreciate it would be a massive punt for someone without knowing exactly what’s on offer - just thought a collector/obsessed footy fan might be interested. Could you suggest an auctioneer that you trust?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

Sportingold, Sporting Memories, Mullocks etc all well respected in this particular field. Might pay you to advise that it's being done for charity to see whether the auction house would waiver their fee. I know Chris at Sportingold did this for a group of us on ehre when we raised money for MacMillan Cancer Care a number of years ago. We raised over £1,000 and so it saved us over £100 by his doing that.

You would obviously need to advise which charity the money would be going to as I doubt any auction house would simply send out a cheque to anyone with that waiver as the system could very obviously be abused.
G444

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:33 pm 
Post subject: Thank you so much

I’ve made contact with sporting gold and intend to donate whatever it makes to ‘Headway’ the brain injury association. This is not an easy process for me as I miss talking footy with my brother but luckily many happy memories too.....so thanks for your help.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: Thank you so much

G444 wrote:
I’ve made contact with sporting gold and intend to donate whatever it makes to ‘Headway’ the brain injury association. This is not an easy process for me as I miss talking footy with my brother but luckily many happy memories too.....so thanks for your help.

Good Luck to you-I hope you can make a little for your chosen charity.
Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: