Football Programmes Centre

Chelsea football programme supplements
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chelsea football programme supplements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:44 am 
Post subject: Chelsea football programme supplements

Can anyone tell me if the supplement for the game against Arsenal 1979 was a bought programme as can see no price or was it handed out for free?
It is also ironic that it was Peter Bonetti's last ever game for Chelsea and due to financial reasons Chelsea couldn't issue a new programme after the 1/1/79 fixture was postponed! Surely the man deserved better?
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:46 am 
Post subject: Looks like

Looks like the original cover was replaced and an insert included
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:04 am 
Post subject:

"Chelsea's financial difficulties"

- seems a lifetime ago!
cfcmartin1965

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

Chelsea also had two more postponed home fixtures from the 1978/79 season against Coventry City & Derby County.

In my collection both the Arsenal & Coventry issues have the 4 page inserts loose within them but the Derby issue has the 4 supplement wrapped around the original programme.

I would have gone to these games & the original programme was sold at the re-arranged fixture with the inserts tucked inside.

Not to sure why the Derby issue has the insert attached to the outside of the original as these are not the programmes I bought originally at the match having sold my initial collection some years ago.

Times were certainly very difficult for us back in the late 70's as the club was crippled with debt due to the building of the East Stand earlier in the decade.

It was a pity the club couldn't produce a decent programme for what was Peter Bonetti's last competitive game in a Chelsea shirt however they did stage a testimonial fixture against Manchester United in September 1979 where a proper programme was issued
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: