Football Programmes Centre

Wembley Final Tickets
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wembley Final Tickets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 pm 
Post subject: Wembley Final Tickets

Question ;
Wembley Final Tickets up to 1984 ( FA Cup, League Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase ) all have a water mark and also a Map of Wembley Stadium on the back. I have some Vase and Trophy and League Cup from 1985 to 1987 that dont have the watermark or the Stadium picture on the back just a few lines about terms and conditions, does anyone out there know why this is ? as the ticket type are no different to the previous seasons ??? It could lead someone to think without the watermark or plan of Wembley on the back that they are knock off copies but this seems unlikely to me. In 1988 all the tickets changed drastically, cant say it was for the better either Sad
DonQuixote2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Just went to check - FA Vase finals - and the watermark (lion's head), as you said stopped in 1984.

It (the watermark) was brought back for 1988 - a series of W's then discarded again in 1989.

The following year saw the start of the modern style bland tickets which
lasted until 1996, when a hologram appeared until 2000, when
Wembley had the painters in.

Will check the Trophy games tomorrow.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: