Football Programmes Centre

Non League Badges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Non League Badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSavage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 pm 
Post subject: Non League Badges

evening all,

I Mainly collect non league badges of places I have visited and often look at Ebay to add to collection when a badge on matchday is unavailable.

Something I wondered is how people are selling what look like brand new badges on ebay in batches of 10 badges for £10 - I cant see the logic here? The maths just doesn't add up? Are these people producing the badges themselves??
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:21 pm 
Post subject:

I've always assumed that (a) they are excess stock from badges they've had printed themselves for clubs or (b) dealers getting rid of unwanted stock. I've got well over 100 Auchinleck Talbot badges am never likely to sell them on ebay at the normal £3 I charge in our hut on matchdays. Guess it's folk just wanting to get some return no matter how small.

Have built up quite a good stock from buying at this £10 for 10 method over the last 18 months or so though so can't complain.
TSavage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah I guess so - just some of the badges on ebay at the moment are from some seriously obscure clubs - e.g I am in cornwall and there is badges on there for local clubs I regularly visit and I have never ever seen a badge for many of them!?!

Guess I shouldn't complaint still!!!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:55 am 
Post subject:

Having noticed a huge amount of new issuing club's badges on ebay, both here and abroad it wouldn't surprise me if someone is having some of them privately made to meet a burgeoning market. I doubt the clubs will have ever realised to be honest.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: