Football Programmes Centre

Storage Idea
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Storage Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt blue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:10 pm 
Post subject: Storage Idea

Major decision coming up soon, my dad unfortunately has to go into a care home soon. All the programmes are stored here.

As he rents the place off me and my wife we have decided to sell the bunglaow. Now the problem starts

Need to get some ideas together to store a min of 15,000 programme. I have over 300 A4 binders.

If I cant find a solution I will probably sell to be honest which would be a shame given that my collection goes back to the 1910's

Cheers

Matt

Take a look at my work in progress !!
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 am 
Post subject:

I'm not going to be a lot of use, as I've not had such a problem, but I'd suggest from 1910 to the 50's probably take up less than a tenth of the space. They are tiny aren't they?

If storing them is still a problem then think about keeping them without the folders, which add bulk -just in thin bags or plastic pockets.

It's the really modern stuff that must take up most of the space, and is barely worth anything. Last 20 years takes up boxes and boxes in my experience.

If desperate, you can get huge plastic boxes with lids at shops like The Range or Original Factory Shop, which would give them some sort of protection (more so if taped up)

I keep loads of programmes in boxes under all the beds in my house - uses up dead space and you can get tons under there, albeit access is a pain.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:43 am 
Post subject:

When I moved I decided to trim my West Ham collection - any league programme post 1983 (apart from postponed/rearranged games) went

By offloading about 1,000 pretty worthless programmes and keeping the other 8,000 I have got rid of probably 80% of the weight and space they were taking up. If I ever wanted to I could pick them up again for next to nothing.

They are stored in metal Bisley cabinets (15 draws each), most of the programmes are now in Secol pockets
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:58 am 
Post subject:

I'm assuming many of them are Cardiff Matt.

So with bonfire night coming up etc etc ... !

Very Happy

Two birds - One stone

(sorry mate, couldn't resist it - on a more serious note, like Dorking said, I'd keep everything pre 1960 and ditch the rest, bar maybe the odd big game, like Newport in the Welsh Cup)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
matt blue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:19 am 
Post subject:

Smile I would say about 60/40 Cardiff....The 40 % is my Wales, cup semis, cup final collection, welsh clubs in Europe and general.

I may just keep my Wales cup semi and final collection

Take a look at my work in progress !!
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

Amazed you haven't had anyone saying 'see PM's', sniffing around the possibility of some pre-war action!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: