Football Programmes Centre

Programmes in the Digital Age
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programmes in the Digital Age

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:13 am 
Post subject: Programmes in the Digital Age

derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

If I was 12 years old again, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit interested in "collecting" up to 50 programmes a season each of which cost a minimum of £3.
I might appreciate the depth of knowledge contained within them but the attention span of today's 12 year old is considerably less than the 1973 equivalent.

To cut a long story short, the tens of thousands of unsold 60s/70s/80s/90s programmes on EBay tells me all I need to know about the future of a) the hobby and b) programmes in general.

If clubs took the collective decision to scrap the 96 page/£3 business model and revert to something smaller and more applicable to the action out on the pitch, then modern-day issues might start to fight back.

But what do I know.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
If I was 12 years old again, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit interested in "collecting" up to 50 programmes a season each of which cost a minimum of £3.
I might appreciate the depth of knowledge contained within them but the attention span of today's 12 year old is considerably less than the 1973 equivalent.

To cut a long story short, the tens of thousands of unsold 60s/70s/80s/90s programmes on EBay tells me all I need to know about the future of a) the hobby and b) programmes in general.

If clubs took the collective decision to scrap the 96 page/£3 business model and revert to something smaller and more applicable to the action out on the pitch, then modern-day issues might start to fight back.

But what do I know.

Spot on Steve

I have every pompey home programme from 1990 to date with match reports & every away pompey programme also with match reports but cant shift them.

Could be the tidy bin !!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: