Football Programmes Centre

Definition of a Glory Hunter!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Definition of a Glory Hunter!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:51 pm 
Post subject:

pete i apologise fella.i lost your address mate.im sorry.i will send it.dont worry.im a man of my word.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
James

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:42 am 
Post subject:

TelfordWolves wrote:

You are right about fairies player's are now wearing neck scarf's No

I get really irritated seeing premiership players wearing gloves, when Chimbonda played for Spurs he used to put them on in September and not take them off for the rest of the season. If i was ref, No player would be able to wear any gloves (except the goalkeepers).

Back to the subject, i live in Gillingham, and support Spurs been to aroud 100 games as well as around 150 Gillingham games, when i first started watching Gillingham, you could walk into the ground at 2:55 and get a seat around the half way line and have space next to you as well, yet when Gills started to look like they were goign to get promoted or a top league team came down, you had to get to the ground very very early or be lucky enough to have someone who coudl get to the ticket office as all the glory hunters would come out and want to act as though they were fans (I remember the Rainham end faithful at the time were all in the middle and started pointing at these glory hunters singing "Where were you when we were f S" then some of them woudl walk around with tops of teams not even playing in that game????? I know this is a thing done in ice hockey, but not football.

Growing up in the late 80's early 90's it was weird, as the other local youngsters would be Liverpool fans then a year or so later they were United fans, then about three years later they'd be Arsenal fans, then about 5 years later they'd be Chelsea fans, they would take great pleasure in reminding me when Spurs lost (Quite a lot tbh), but when united lost the excuses they woudl come out with, plus i'd turn around and say to them hey at least i've seen the team i support live and can name all the players, i;d then turn around and say to them i've seen Gascoinge, Linekar, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Mabbutt, Anderton, numerous times, plus players like Shearer, Cantona, Keane, Zole etc.

Another thing these so called fans used to do is every weekend you;d see them in the local town centre's you;d see them wearing their "Teams'" shirt, although when they lost you woudln;t see that shirt for weeks.

The common excuse they give for defeats is "It wasn't our best team out there", to which they usually get told, makes no difference, the records book only show one thing you LOST, and for some reason they really don;t like that
Healing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:54 am 
Post subject:

Hi Mate Check PM sent 15 Sept 09 for my address.Cheers
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: