Football Programmes Centre

Torquay Utd v Overseas opposition in the 1950s
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Torquay Utd v Overseas opposition in the 1950s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMusic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:42 pm 
Post subject: Torquay Utd v Overseas opposition in the 1950s

Back in the late 1950s did Torquay United play an overseas team at Plainmoor, possibly from Portugal. If so, does anyone out there have any information in this game please?
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

Looking through my extensive records of Torquay United friendlies played at Plainmoor, the only overseas teams that graced Plainmoor during the period that you are interested in were :-
[b]1953-54
v Trinidad 19th September 1953 score I do not have and after that
1967-68 v O.I.S (Sweden) 13th March 1968 score 2-2.
Of course there may be other games that I am not aware of, but I hope that this helps in some way.
Added in 1946-47 v Malinois (France) Bert Head Testimonial 26th April 1947.[/b]
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: Torquay Utd v Overseas opposition in the 1950s

[quote="TheMusic"]Back in the late 1950s did Torquay United play an overseas team at Plainmoor, possibly from Portugal. If so, does anyone out there have any information in this game please?[/quote

I am sure fellow friends on here, the likes of grumpypants or even pafcprogs may well be able to give you a definitive answer.

I know it is not what you are asking but just in case you are a decade out .. There was a Bert head testimonial at Plainmoor against French side.. Malinois on Saturday 26th April 1947. This takes pride of place as the earliest programme I have in my TUFC collection.

If this is not the answer you seek, failing grumpypants and pafcprogs, I will try and find out for you.

Last edited by tufcprogs on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

...grumpypants came good for you I hope. I didn't see his post until after I posted mine.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:10 pm 
Post subject:

And I can't help any more than what has already been posted :0
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: