Football Programmes Centre

best supported team
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
best supported team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Newcastle??? What have you been drinking? lol No it's Borussia Dortmund, in fact Schalke get bigger crowds than the premierships second highest Arsenal.

a makem bringing crowds up Shocked
you s cant live with us wullie
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:38 pm 
Post subject:

roxy wrote:
Wullie wrote:
Newcastle??? What have you been drinking? lol No it's Borussia Dortmund, in fact Schalke get bigger crowds than the premierships second highest Arsenal.

Newcastle are 18th , one place behind Ajax. But our programmes are far more sought after. Ha ha Very Happy
TelfordWolves

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
roxy wrote:
Wullie wrote:

Newcastle are 18th , one place behind Ajax. But our programmes are far more sought after. Ha ha Very Happy

Scouse

It's time for you 2 to take your whippets for a walk!! Laughing
roxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
roxy wrote:
Wullie wrote:

no doubt your 3rd division one s are , never been in that lge so cant comment Cool
bet you have a canny european collection Laughing
bpaafc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:38 am 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Telford Wolves wrote:
Yes and there still have standing in Germany :thumbs up:

and i bet the tickets are a lot cheaper than premiership...

Sure is, costs nothing to go and see Todmorden Borough.

The actual crowed Attendance Beating Celtic and Rangers, was Manchester City, they hold the highest ever in the hole of the Uk 82,000.

The highest in the F A CUP goes to the Bolton. West Ham final when 250,000 supporters broke to the final 1922-23, still the people at Wembley say that isn't true, neither Bolton or West ham can back that up, surprising what a difference newspapers make.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm 
Post subject:

bpaafc wrote:

The actual crowed Attendance Beating Celtic and Rangers, was Manchester City, they hold the highest ever in the hole of the Uk 82,000.

Erm......not quite.

Rangers: 118,567 (1939)
Queens Park 95,722 (1930)
Celtic 92,975 (1938)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_attendance_records#Current_clubs
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure of the official attendance but when Chelsea played Moscow Dynamo in 1946 reports were that over 100,000 turned up, dose anyone know the official attendance?
Also could this be a record for a friendly match in Britain?
bpaafc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you Tynie I thought after I posted it might be wrong, was I wrong for the English league as well.

See then because of the being sort of becoming a hazard I think the FA decided on more safety arrangement by adding seats and crash barriers were modified in some of the stadiums, when before the wars and after the second all the supporters were standing that's why the attendants figures were so high, Wembley had seats put both eastside and westside grounds began to do the same and thus ending the of big crowd problem.

Also nearly every supporter was able to buy a programme at any match they were likely to attend and had a choice of sitting down or standing, you used to be able to walk around the grounds to the opponents end, this suddenly had a problem because the Hooligan element had started in the seventies on the terraces, then the supporter did not know which way to turn, once they were led in they had to stay where there were put, gone were the days of walking around the grounds at half time.
kenred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:38 pm 
Post subject: best supported team

A question for fans with two clubs in one city or town.Without bias who do you think as the highest support in the place? Just as a guess I would imagine Forest ,get more than County.I should think the Sheffield clubs are pretty equal,as with Bristol too.In London because of higher capacity of the Stadium I would say Arsenal.The capacity of a ground does have a bearing
of course.In the days of 2 league clubs in Bradford ,did City attract more than Park Avenue?In the 60s I was on Goodison Park Everton v Burnley when over 70000 were in attendance if I am not mistaken.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: best supported team

kenred wrote:
A question for fans with two clubs in one city or town.Without bias who do you think as the highest support in the place? Just as a guess I would imagine Forest ,get more than County.I should think the Sheffield clubs are pretty equal,as with Bristol too.In London because of higher capacity of the Stadium I would say Arsenal.The capacity of a ground does have a bearing
of course.In the days of 2 league clubs in Bradford ,did City attract more than Park Avenue?In the 60s I was on Goodison Park Everton v Burnley when over 70000 were in attendance if I am not mistaken.
Brings back memories for me EVERTON v BURNLEY fixture early 60s think att was 74,000+ i was sat with all the other 10 year + kids around the pitch perimiter,no way it would happen today helth and safty and all.
bpaafc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:51 pm 
Post subject:

Seen pictures of Tennis being played ground thousands were locked out because the Little Horton Stadium was choco block full in the early nineteenth century and again V Arsenal on Christmas day, I must admit our last game with Bradford City at home was 10,000, our last season against Southend United was nearly 7,000.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm 

kenred wrote:

Hate to admit it but the shit have (apart from 2-3 seasons) allways had higher crowds than Rovers. That's why their fans think they are a big club.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
surfinjim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:42 pm 
Post subject:

Wednesday and Porkers is up and down every 5 years so so.

At present, they've got all the glory hunters and beat us hands down.

There's a local forum to Sheffield and you can read for hours the arguements about who has the most fans, who'se ground is best..... same old shit week after week.

I see it as it is.

Porkers have the upper hand at present, more fans, better league position.

But FIFA says Hillsborough is better, and we don't smell of old pigs arses!
Razz

Jim

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:29 am 
Post subject:

bpaafc wrote:
gone were the days of walking around the grounds at half time.

Not at the level I watch my football at, thankfully

Very Happy
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:15 am 

kenred wrote:
Just as a guess I would imagine Forest ,get more than County.

Forest do get more than County. An often used whinge by Notts county fans is that they were the better team and better supported until Sir Brian Clough cane along and had the success.

What they fail to grasp is that they only finished above Forest twice in the 70's and the last time before that they they finished above Forest was back in the 50's.

Notts had higher attendances between 1947-1951 which was soley due to them signing Tommy Lawton who increased their crowds from 15,000 to between 25,000 in his 1st season and 35,000 in his 3rd while Forest's attendances remained at around the 23,000 mark.

Forest's attendanced dropped dramatically following the relegation in 1971/2 and for 2 seasons Notts County had a slightly higher average crowd, 710 more in 1972/3 and 2,500 more in 1973/4 which was the last time they had a larger average attendance. Since the 1984/5 season Forest have averaged more than 10,000 more than Notts.

Sorry for the geekyness of this post
ForestMick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

I was kinda gonna say what StOdin said (but not as nerdy!!).
Also, from my pint of view regarding the two Sheffield teams, I've ALWAYS seen Wednesday as a better supposrted team than the pigs. When we've played them, they've always had bigger home crowds than the Blunts, and they certainly travel better - Utd turn up in a taxi on Trentside more often than not!
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

european top supported teams are in germany where they still have terracing in some stadiums ! borussia dortmund are prime examples of that and are i think best supported side in germany and i would argue europe.marseille in france are also well supported and well backed.psv eindhoven in holland seem to have solid support at home in eindhoven.at.bilbao in spain are going against the norm of only the big 2 having good support bilbao always seem to have big attendances and their home ground san mames is always full.in england the city debate i'd say nottingham its forest over county attendances wise. the sheffield one goes on form if wednesday are doing well they are without doubt top team in the city but if they doing poor and united are doing well then united will be better support.manchester one is on size alone which is united.the merseyside one unfortunatley its them over us cause they can get more into their hole of a place. Sad london i'd say maybe arsenal.glasgow i think it depends on form same in edinburgh also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: