Football Programmes Centre

NEW EBAY CONMAN ALERT
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW EBAY CONMAN ALERT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 pm 
Post subject: NEW EBAY CONMAN ALERT

Saw a Joe Cole match worn shirt on ebay today so took a punt on it and to my surprise I won it for £23.05. Paid immediately, and the refund came back in a short while with the vendor saying it was damaged or out of stock.

I don't have a leg to stand on because this con man knows ebay will do nothing about it. He's from the Rossendale area. Beward of any future deals with this vendor, and if anyone sees this shirt up for sale on ebay again could they please let me know?

Seller: joecarrick98 ( 0 )
Item title Price
P&P price
Quantity Item total
Professional Football Shirt Worn By Joe Cole Chelsea Player ( 282609504484 )

Paid on Aug-20-17 £23.05 £2.49 1 £23.05
Royal Mail 2nd Class
Estimated delivery: Wed. Aug. 23 - Wed. Aug. 23

Subtotal £23.05
Delivery via Royal Mail 2nd Class £2.49
Refund amount £25.54

Total £0.00
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 pm 
Post subject: Re: NEW EBAY CONMAN ALERT

Auchinleckian wrote:
Saw a Joe Cole match worn shirt on ebay today so took a punt on it and to my surprise I won it for £23.05. Paid immediately, and the refund came back in a short while with the vendor saying it was damaged or out of stock.

I don't have a leg to stand on because this con man knows ebay will do nothing about it. He's from the Rossendale area. Beward of any future deals with this vendor, and if anyone sees this shirt up for sale on ebay again could they please let me know?

Seller: joecarrick98 ( 0 )
Item title Price
P&P price
Quantity Item total
Professional Football Shirt Worn By Joe Cole Chelsea Player ( 282609504484 )

Paid on Aug-20-17 £23.05 £2.49 1 £23.05
Royal Mail 2nd Class
Estimated delivery: Wed. Aug. 23 - Wed. Aug. 23

Subtotal £23.05
Delivery via Royal Mail 2nd Class £2.49
Refund amount £25.54

Total £0.00

Obviously thought he would be getting a lot more and when it sold for the price of 3 packets of fags, maybe not so much a conman as more of some numpty with no idea how to sell on ebay and not put some sort of reserve on it perhaps?. Why not advise ebay even if they do nowt got to be worth an email to them surely after all they are not going to protect him like they do regular sellers that bring in good incomes for them are they?.
Just a thought that's all. Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:22 pm 
Post subject:

I had a similar instance a number of years back Leslie when I won 5 Everton 46-7 homes for an opening bid of £19.99.

Seller refudned my money saying he'd lost one of them, the lying arse, and he couldn't sell them as incomplete. I emailed him and said I'd take the four for the same price anyway and didn't even get a reply.

Gave ebay all the details and they didn't even reply. Won't bother them again, their "customer service" as we all know is non existent.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: