Football Programmes Centre

Autograph help : palace vs arsenal 1970
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Autograph help : palace vs arsenal 1970

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:45 am 
Post subject: Autograph help : palace vs arsenal 1970

Another couple of autographs that need forum input. Top of the page is Bob McNab but not sure the other two. Any help appreciated.

goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:20 am 
Post subject:

Apparently the one on the right is Delia Smith. The other one looks like Eddie but I can't figure out the surname
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 am 
Post subject:

The only Eddie involved in that game was Eddie Kelly and it surely isn't him. No idea really.

Wasn't aware Delia Smith took any part in it although she could have played in midfield for Palace a few times. In fact she might as well have played centre back last weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:20 am 
Post subject:

Smile
The last one is definitely not Eddie Kelly. I wondered if it might be eddie presland although he had left palace a year earlier. I can't even think of a celebrity of that time called Eddie (although not sure Delia classifies as a celebrity)
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 am 
Post subject:

The one on the right looks like Dave Sexton's autograph, have a number of items signed by him when at Crystal Palace and is very similar.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm 
Post subject: Autograph help palace v arsenal 1970

Eddie Clamp was with Arsenal in the early 1960's. Did Charlton's Eddie Firmani make a guest appearance in this game? Celebrity wise, you have got Eddie Calvert.He had lots of 1950s and early 60s chart hits.He was known as' the man with the golden trumpet.' Sounds a bit rude to me, always going on about his golden 🎺.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 am 
Post subject:

[quote="nutfield priory"]The one on the right looks like Dave Sexton's autograph, have a number of items signed by him when at Crystal Palace and is very similar.[/quote
]

Thanks that is a very good suggestion and make sense. He was s former arsenal coach and in 1970 the chelsea manager so him being at the game would make sense.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: