Football Programmes Centre

FOOTBALL RELATED VINYL
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FOOTBALL RELATED VINYL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:15 pm 
Post subject: FOOTBALL RELATED VINYL

I found 6 vinyl 7 inch singles today, this one is a cracker.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:01 pm 
Post subject: Football Related Vinyl

Over the years you tended to see a lot of these about Eck.l suppose someone collects them. Wouldn't have any idea if any are rare or valuable. Not vinyl, but those old FA Cup Final 78s, pre - war, go for a bit. l think they were recordings of the match commentary.
hulldon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:30 pm 
Post subject:

As a Dons fan who was at the match, not only do. I have a copy somewhere, I even know all the words .....
"We're the Dons, from Aberdeen, and we're the finest .....,I won't go on ....
Hulldon!
goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 pm 
Post subject:

From our 1970/71 squad
goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

Our 1978 squad responded with their own record as part of the usual pre cup final hoopla. Sadly both the record and cup final were equally disappointing
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 pm 
Post subject:

Not valuable but nice items, I have Rangers LP's from the 60's and they sell at around a fiver each, other singles I found today are Man Utd and Everton.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am 

Picture the scene.The Antiques Roadshow 2030.Here we have got Eric from Birkenhead.. Eric has been collecting football related records since the 1960s.Eric tells the football memorabilia expert, Rupert Botherington.from Southerbys, that when he was a kid, he was given £3 pocket money every week and he went to every jumble sale/ car boot he could searching for football related vinyl.Eric tells the expert that lots of times stall holders would sometimes give them to him for nothing, because they thought they were all crap, ( apart from that Kevin Keegan vinyl 45, that is , oh and that Hoddle /Waddle thing,,which were fab.). ln the main,they just wanted to get shut. Although Eric's parents tried to get him to take up a different hobby, he carried on his search for football vinyl. Eric reveals that he has got a collection of over 10,000. Eric has got every football vinyl ever released, before his wife said enough is enough Eric ,and tells him it's either me or those boxes of vinyl.The expert tells Eric that he has probably got the only known collection of football related vinyl in the world.Rupert does a quick calculation and tells him to go home and tell Doris ( Eric's wife , who has long departed and now lives with Eric's brother Vince) that his collection is worth over £40,000.We all sit there and go ,bloody he'll! Could this become true .Could l be Eric? Do l now sit on my own looking at boxes of football vinyl?If this becomes a sicom this is my copyright!
DonQuixote2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 am 
Post subject:

Doris would be on to a lawyer in a shot to claim equal dibs...
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm 

Just been listening to that Keegan single again Don.Why O'h why did Kevin not pack in the footie and record more of this stuff A bit ahead of his time was KK. It's called , 'l've Got Such A Lovely Girlfriend' the B Side is better though. 'I Hate That Billy Bremner And Johnny Giles As Well' .You can hear the influence of Captain Beafheart and Zappa throughout .As for 'Diamond White' by Hoddle and Wobble, all l can say is wow! PS, that stuff was strong back in 1971, look at the gibberish l'm now writing!
Eck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:40 pm 
Post subject:

Funnily enough, both of those singles you mentioned are in the 6 that I found, you'll never beat the classic "Nice one Cyril"
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

The Derby clubshop advertises in the 68/9 home programme an EP (remember them, kiddies?) to do with, I think, local folk songs adapted to the Clough era. Or something along those lines.
Never, ever seen a copy anywhere for sale......which astonishes me as records tend to be kept rather than chucked out.
And it's an EP so surely a picture sleeve?

As a collector of all vinyl 1966-1969, I've inquired of my contemporaries but none of them have got a clue what I'm on about.

Long shot, but anyone know anything about this record?
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:00 am 
Post subject: FOOTBALL RELATED VINYL

My offering to the thread.

OSSIE'S DREAM

TOTTENHAM, TOTTENHAM

HOT SHOT TOTTENHAM

NICE ONE CYRIL

DIAMOND LIGHTS
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:50 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Funnily enough, both of those singles you mentioned are in the 6 that I found, you'll never beat the classic "Nice one Cyril"

Haha, Nice One Cyril was the first record I ever bought Eck (from Woolies), although I had no idea it was about Spurs as I was only 5 at the time.
I just wanted a record because I'd seen my older sister buying one.

Newport County's only vinyl record came out the same year (1973), a club song called "Run Lads Shoot Lads" which the fans still sing on the terrace today.

It's a bit naff really but that's ok because it's our song.
Goldie Looking Chain did a much cooler version a few years back to celebrate us winning the Conference South.

"Come on Newport County Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh ...

..... BANG IT IN THE NET!"

Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: