Football Programmes Centre

Winchester city programes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Winchester city programes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:25 pm 
Post subject: Winchester city programes

This season it is with regret that there will be no match day programme if you visit eco stick southern league club Winchester city .we are producing the matchday programme on line and will still have to produce a team sheet for visiting officials ,of which there will be some available to any travelers and others who want one

On another matter it is with regret that we have had to close our club shop after 22 years due to the building being unsafe .we are however still selling club merchandise including car stickers and a new badge ,along with a double sided scarf

Thank you
New Forest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:24 pm 
Post subject:

If you are producing a team sheet for officials and a few supporters. Why not run to a single sheet programme and give them away on entry. You also seem to miss the point that many clubs issue programmes because they generate income in the form of advertising.
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:34 pm 
Post subject:

But surely an online programme can still bring in advertising, if not more so than the physical programme as it has potential for a much wider audience
New Forest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

Advertising on web-sites are usually National Organisations and won't be advertising the local café , florist or garages. I can see why they can't be bothered. It seems like the start of the slippery slope.

Will the on-line programme last longer than Kindle?
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:46 pm 
Post subject:

Presumable not issuing a tangible programme is ok with your League's administrators?
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 am 
Post subject:

the league are aware of this and it came from them in a memo to all clubs .
London Lilywhite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:52 pm 
Post subject: Re: Winchester city programes

President wrote:
This season it is with regret that there will be no match day programme if you visit eco stick southern league club Winchester city .we are producing the matchday programme on line and will still have to produce a team sheet for visiting officials ,of which there will be some available to any travelers and others who want one

On another matter it is with regret that we have had to close our club shop after 22 years due to the building being unsafe .we are however still selling club merchandise including car stickers and a new badge ,along with a double sided scarf

Thank you

Great shame to hear this.

Visited last season and thought the shop was one of the best I've visited, tons of programmes, books etc. not enough time! I do vaguely recall that the static caravan seemed a bit creaky.

What will happen to all the stock?
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm 
Post subject:

All the books were taken to various book outlets and the programme stock was snapped up by a dealer who came and collected it all so nothing was burnt or thrown away apart from what got damaged when the roof leaked after one of our storms
Thank you and others for taking the time to cost our shop over the years and who knows never say never we might get one back one day thank you for your kind words about the shop I started this in 1995 with a small table in the clubhouse and then progresed to a small ex window factory unit on a trailer ,then our wonderful portacabin which grew and grew .in our best years we also sold soft drinks and pick a mix .so combined with more responsibility at the club I handed it over to people who loved it and just made it better ..I did not attend the club on the day the caravan was taken away and also the day the programmes went as combined with my health problems and the news that we would be doing no more paper matchday programmes it was all a bit to much for me thank you again
Regards Terry
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: