Football Programmes Centre

North Wales Fair July 30 2017
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
North Wales Fair July 30 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 pm 
Post subject: North Wales Fair July 30 2017

The publicity machine for the second North Wales Fair is in motion with prominent editorial in the North Wales Chronicle, North Wales Pioneer and Rhyl and Prestatyn Journal this week.
You can see previews of the fair on all three papers websites and Denbighshire County Council have put the event out on Twitter as part of their What's On guide.
The council Twitter feed has 8,000 followers and the papers and their websites will mean around 120,000 people will potentially see the articles.
Next week I hope to have editorial in the Denbighshire Free Press, Oswestry and Border Counties Advertizer, Wrexham Leader, Flintshire Leader and Chester Chronicle along with our regional daily, the Daily Post.
I really want to top last year's attendance of just over 230 so if any forum members use Twitter or Facebook please give the fair a plug - no matter how far from North Wales you are! It all helps!
Diolch pawb
Mark Thumbs Up

Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:32 am 
Post subject:

Looking forward to it, and the pre Fair real ale swally!

Have got some cracking bdages to bring down with me, and although there will be some programmes the majority of stuff will be memorabilia.

Great selection of about 150 pre 1970 tickets, including all the big clubs bar Chelsea. Scarves, pennants, handbooks from pre WW2 onwards through to the 1950's, fixture lists from the late 19thC through to the 1930s, Xmas cards from clubs from the early 1950s, postcards of league teams 1904 through to 1920s.

Programme wise it will be mainly Scottish non league as I've made it my life's mission to educate the rest of the UK on what a great product we have up here, and it's probably the biggest collection of Scottish non league in the Cup proper you're ever likely to see in Wales! Hoping to have a few current season programmes down with me, again they'll all be Scottish non league but there will be some very hard to get issues amongst them already.

Diolch pawb!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:39 am 
Post subject:

Best of luck with the Fair Mark. If you happen across any North Wales v Scotland Juniors issues, please keep me in mind, or point any dealers with them in my direction Thumbs Up
beaudog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:41 pm 
Post subject: north wales fair sunday october 23

Well done Mark. Really looking forward to the fair, Stoke on Trent to Prestatyn for the day. Reminds me of when I pedalled to Rhyl for the day when I was about 14 and my parents wouldn't let me return the same day so I stayed overnight in a boarding house in Butterton Road . I returned the next day after a bout of train spotting at Chester General.

At the fair I will bring a few hundred 60s programmes so pm me your club and I will bring them along £1 each. a few hundred 50s and lots of other items. Hoping for a bumper day with lots of selling and chatting.

Just picked out 80 Stoke City programmes for a completist and it was in his words £40 well spent. Any gaps 1978 to the present 50p each, plus post.

Stoke City Supporters club have a date back at the Betfred 365 stadium September 3rd when they hope to run a programme fair. here are other fairs that day but have some stalls already and would like any other sellers, big or small. PM me if you are interested.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 pm 
Post subject:

On the Saturday night before the fair a few of us are meeting up at Halcyon Quest real ale bar on Gronant Road, Prestatyn, for (as John calls it) a pre-fair 'swally' or, as we say in Wales, 'cwrw mawr'!
Anyone from the forum who may be coming over for the fair and is staying locally is welcome to join us for a pint or two.
We'll probably be there from 7.30/7.45pm onwards.
Beaudog - great tale about pedalling from Stoke to Rhyl and kipping in a Butterton Road guest house - bet you were scratching for weeks after! They do say that if you booked in a B&B in Rhyl's West End and you weren't back in by 10pm then the bedbugs would come looking for you!
Be seeing you!
Mark Thumbs Up
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 pm 
Post subject:

I'm coming to this also either on my own or with a few Everton Heritage History Society Members with me depends how they go on in Belgium and Holland Smile and on the details of the Europa League game we have to play in. Home or Away. Looking forward to this and got in lumber with the Mrs who wanted me do something with her on the day of this fair but I''ve had this one penciled from day one when Mark said it was on and I'm coming she can sod off !! Smile just get her a decent birthday present for August 30th but not too decent I want a few quid to spend at this fair ! Any Everton trade card Issues would be welcomed by me and I do have a list of them and also Liverpool Man Utd and Newcastle ones as well on them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 pm 
Post subject:

Been confirmed today that local cable TV channel Made In North Wales will be filming in the shop ahead of the fair on Friday July 28th. There will be an interview with myself about the fair and other Welsh football related subjects. It airs on Freeview Channel 8, Sky Channel 149 and on their Made In North Wales website. I believe my show is sandwiched somewhere between Modern Crochet Techniques and Grow Better Beetroot. Still, all publicity is good publicity! Thumbs Up
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Jings, thought it said modern crotch techniques...was wondering what kind of fair I'm going to end up in!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:03 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Jings, thought it said modern crotch techniques...was wondering what kind of fair I'm going to end up in!

being a former Grimsby man I thought u would have been able to work that one out for yourself! Clap

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
andy1966

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:21 pm 
Post subject:

This is less than 2 miles from my house so will be going. Missed last years for one reason or another. Hopefully be able to pick up some Everton rarities.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:11 pm 
Post subject:

Got a nice 1938 card, just smaller than a postcard, but to all intents and purposes that's what it is. All players named, and it'll be in my stock.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:12 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Auchinleckian wrote:

being a former Grimsby man I thought u would have been able to work that one out for yourself! Clap

Wave

They were commonly known as "a crabby hatch do" when I were a lad growing up down dock Leslie.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Auchinleckian wrote:

Wave

They were commonly known as "a crabby hatch do" when I were a lad growing up down dock Leslie.

nowt's changed John!

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: