Football Programmes Centre

Mystery signed photos
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mystery signed photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMusic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:29 am 
Post subject: Mystery signed photos

Hi All,

Three photos here, all signed. For the first two I'm stumped as to which teams they are. For the third, the FIFA team of 1963, I can only decipher Masopust's and maybe Eusebio's and then Jack Crompton's (ex-Man Utd?). Can anyone help with more info and, if possible, rough valuations?

Thanks in advance!

1)

2)

3) FIFA team at Wembley in 1963

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:59 am 
Post subject:

Yes, intriguing.

3) the signature in the middle I reckon is Denis Law.

I'd like to see the other 2 closer up, any chance you could scan them to me please? 1. looks French or Spanish to me but a closer look could be useful. 2. seems to have a few players ending in "ic" so could be Eastern European.

Value - as plain press photos - depending on who they are of course

1. £8
2. £8
3. £20

But with signatures, anyone's guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:19 pm 
Post subject: Mystery signed photos

Hi The music. Photo 1 has a look of an Eastern European team from the 1950s.Possibly Russian or Hungarian? lf you check out the Moscow Dynamo tours of England in the 1950s , that might help. The autographs on the FlFA team look to be Denis Law, Eusebio, former Man Unt goalkeeper and later coach Jack Crompton and Josep Masopust. l did have a menu signed by Eusebio that sold for around the £25 mark .l would have thought with the great Law,,Eusebio and the other two perhaps £40? Hope this helps.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:45 pm 
Post subject:

Hi there, thanks for the feedback so far. Pete, if you send me your email address I'll send a couple of close-ups over, probably on Tuesday.

Cheers.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:48 pm 
Post subject:

Hi
You can just hit the "email" button but here it is anyway

[email protected]

Cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: