Football Programmes Centre

Cardiff City V Sheffield United 1925 FA Cup Final Ticket
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cardiff City V Sheffield United 1925 FA Cup Final Ticket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 am 
Post subject: Cardiff City V Sheffield United 1925 FA Cup Final Ticket

Just wondering if anyone knows a value for this ticket as I may have one available for sale?
CUSA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:17 pm 
Post subject: Cardiff City V Sheffield United 1925 FA Cup Final Ticket

A ticket for this match was sold at the Sportingold Auction at the beginning of this month and went for £440.
It was for a Grand Stand seat and described as having slight marks with an estimate of £280-£300.

Hope this helps.
RoddyN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

About £200. The last person that asked for an estimate and was given an estimate then on a programme (Stoke v Birmingham 1919/20) proceeded to put it up at way over fair value and it is thus likely to remain unsold. I concur with one of the posters that the best prices are generally achieved at Sportingold (Chris Williams).
RoddyN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm 
Post subject:

Just shows you. I had that down at £200 and Sportingold got over £400. They get great prices for sellers.
beaudog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:37 pm 
Post subject: cardiff city v sheffield united 1925 fa cup final ticket

Regarding the 1919 programme, a very good friend of mine who has several dealings with auction houses and is extremely knowledgeable suggested after my posting that £300 might be the price the programme could realise. For 30p and less than an hour it is now on ebay. I am interested in getting a fair price for this item and in 10 years of selling I have never seen a copy similar to this before. We are all learning. If it doesn't sell well I suppose it will be plan B.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 pm 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
Just shows you. I had that down at £200 and Sportingold got over £400. They get great prices for sellers.

But why??? Confused

and how??? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
RoddyN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:37 am 
Post subject:

They clearly have a wider client base and are more widely watched than other sporting auction houses particularly with regards to tickets and programmes.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, I can see that to a certain degree, but they don't have as wide as client base as say ebay.

A couple of tickets for the same game, have sold on ebay within the last month as well, at between £170 and £175.

Its difficult to understand why anyone would pay £400... plus commission at a particular auction house.

To put it into perspective,

It would be like me buying a second-hand car, with a top end value of say £2000, its not common, (there's two at the showroom this month), but it isn't rare, getting it at a slightly more favourable price of £1750 all in at the world's biggest car showroom, or do I go down the road to the local saleroom with a good reputation (They've also got one) and pay £4000 plus extra's.

You simply wouldn't do it. It just doesn't add up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:32 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Yes, I can see that to a certain degree, but they don't have as wide as client base as say ebay.

A couple of tickets for the same game, have sold on ebay within the last month as well, at between £170 and £175.

Its difficult to understand why anyone would pay £400... plus commission at a particular auction house.

To put it into perspective,

It would be like me buying a second-hand car, with a top end value of say £2000, its not common, (there's two at the showroom this month), but it isn't rare, getting it at a slightly more favourable price of £1750 all in at the world's biggest car showroom, or do I go down the road to the local saleroom with a good reputation (They've also got one) and pay £4000 plus extra's.

You simply wouldn't do it. It just doesn't add up.

There are certain regular bidders at some of the popular Auction Houses I suspect that prefer to bid in a live situation, in doing so they pay a great deal more than they would if they only took the time to see where the market really is.

Perhaps the old adage of having more money than sense comes to mind, it is propbably the case and as such some buyers have an abundance of the folding stuff, do not have the time to spend sifting through ebay or anything else and are happy to get their legs lifted on a regular basis, but then in defence of the auction houses-it takes 2 to tango and if there are 2 bone idle flush buyers with readies continually doing battle then it is a win win for the auctioneers/vendors and goodness knows what the buyer will be having to consider in 10 years or so when the novelty has worn off and left with an expensive pile of football programmes that are worth considerably less? but then with that much money about do they even care?-they know the price of everything and the value of nothing and are not collectors per se in the real sense of the world despite having collections that have cost a fortune.

Being a staunch Lancastrian I always had a begrudging admiration for Geoffrey Boycott the former Yorkshire & England opening batsmen[years before I knew he was a Man United fan!].
He would open at 10.30am and be there still at 5.30pm and racked up his innings painstakingly in ones and two's with the odd 4 being hit. His patience, determination and concentration was second to no one-he would get there no matter how long it took him!

As a kid I would hang around outside the changing rooms at Old Trafford in the early 1960's and when the Yorkshire team came out and we were all waiting to get them to sign, I recall hearing someone shout over to Boycott how he was good but a Boring so and so to watch and without so much as a flinch whilst his head was down writing his name on someone's scorecard he replied, "if you want entertainment go to the Cinema, if you want to see the best batter in this Country just shut up and let me get on with it!" haha

Moral being if you want a quick fix to get as much as you can as quickly as you can and can throw as much cash at it and you do not give a toss what anyone else thinks, maybe is the bottom line Sharrow that answers your conundrum maybe?.
Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: