Football Programmes Centre

ebay seller alert
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay seller alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:35 pm 
Post subject: ebay seller alert

On Saturday evening I saw a seller, who I've seen selling Juve matchworn shirts before, selling 6 such Juventus shirts on ebay. I put a bid of £120 in, thinking if I got them at £20 a pop I'd do well. I was more than pleasantly surprised to win the lot for £94 and promptly paid.

I checked my email this morning and found an email from the seller, below.

New message from: juvemws (28Yellow Star)
Dear user,

i am really sorry.
This auction was made simply as advertisement, and would been closed before its ending, evidently for a bug it had not happened.

Your payment had been just totally refund, so sorry again

JUVENTUS MATCH WORN ISSUED SHIRT MAGLIA INDOSSATA, JUVE HIGUAIN DYBALA BUFFON
JUVENTUS MATCH WORN ISSUED SHIRT M
Current bid: £94.00

Ebay had also emailed me, to inform me that the order had been cancelled. See below. They obviously didn't see fit to question why this twat had cancelled it - because he didn't get the money he'd hoped for.

Let us know when you receive a refund

Hello john holroyd,

We're sorry to let you know that juvemws cancelled your order.

We want to make sure you receive your refund back on your original payment method. When you receive your refund, go to your cancel details page to let us know.

If you haven't paid for this order yet, please let us know on your cancel details page.
See cancel details
Seller: juvemws ( 28 )
Item title Price
P&P price
Quantity Item total
JUVENTUS MATCH WORN ISSUED SHIRT MAGLIA INDOSSATA, JUVE HIGUAIN DYBALA BUFFON ( 282502610352 )

£94.00 £0.00 1 £94.00

I emailed them back to advise that I wanted the shirts, and wanted them to contact the seller to advuise him as such. Surprise, surprise, I've not had a reply.

I also emailed them to say that because I had had the order cancelled, I couldn't even leave negative feedback on the sller to warn others. I've also not had any feedback on this either from them.

Seller's name is nuvemws28. I will be contacting other forums, and the likes of PM, to advise on this scoundrel. I will also be using this message, or a variation on it, on all future items I put up for sale on ebay.

Has anyone else on here had any dealings with him?
kenners46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:11 pm 
Post subject:

No dealings with him, but i would ring up ebay tomorrow and discuss with them as he had two other similar items finishing yesterday for a lower cost has he done the same with them....failing that his address is shown on there, send him a horses head and say you mean business
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that. Might just do that.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 am 
Post subject:

“Matchworn” shirts on ebay is a minefield, many modern replica’s these days are just the same as the teamwear with very little difference, there there’s the issue of whether it was actually “match worn” or is “match issued” ie the players spare shirt. I only indulge occasionally with Scotland shirts, and then from sources I’m happy with.

Buying from Italy is always an issue for me anyway, whether that is shirts or programmes. By the way horses heads would have to go as a parcel as opposed to large letter Very Happy
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
“Matchworn” shirts on ebay is a minefield, many modern replica’s these days are just the same as the teamwear with very little difference, there there’s the issue of whether it was actually “match worn” or is “match issued” ie the players spare shirt. I only indulge occasionally with Scotland shirts, and then from sources I’m happy with.

Buying from Italy is always an issue for me anyway, whether that is shirts or programmes. By the way horses heads would have to go as a parcel as opposed to large letter :D

Not if I sous vied them first?
Jambojim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:15 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:

Buying from Italy is always an issue for me anyway, whether that is shirts or programmes. By the way horses heads would have to go as a parcel as opposed to large letter Very Happy

Hearts Roseberry away kit from this season will always have a plastic badge if match issue/ worn Wink
Fishy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:30 pm 
Post subject:

Very serious post John and well noted.

The horses head idea brought a smile to my face remembering The Godfather, but then I also remembered the scene in Animal House....... Very Happy
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:42 pm 
Post subject:

Jambojim wrote:
Hearts Roseberry away kit from this season will always have a plastic badge if match issue/ worn Wink

Same with the Scotland Roseberry kit (prior to the current pink nightmare)
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm 
Post subject:

First off the listing should not have been allowed on ebay as he's not actually selling anything at all. The description is just an ad for him to trade shirts or even sell them elsewhere and doesn't even mention any individual shirts for sale, the only thing that could be linked to 6 match worn shirts is the image he's used, doesn't mention anywhere else what he's selling so personally I would have avoided bidding a single penny.

websites - www.footballstickershop.com
www.footballcardsworld.com
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 am 
Post subject:

I collected Fiorentina Match worn issues shirts for a while and was told by an Italian collector what the differences were.

Once you knew where to look it was pretty easy to spot genuine issues and replicas/fakes.

I think with one of the shirts it was the stitching style, which to the naked eye wouldn't have been that obvious.
Jambojim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Post subject:

I collect Hearts match worn / Issues shirt, modern issues are very difficult to verify, always try and get a good back story before even thinking about purchasing from EBay and would try and avoid if possible.
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 am 
Post subject:

I would also to bring this chap from Hungary to your attention.....christoforo75

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3619.....Tags=bu=bu

He recently sold a Sulley Muntari Portsmouth shirt from the 2007-08 season and advertised it as a match worn shirt. I messaged to ask whether the shirt had "elite" on any of the tags/shirt. I could not see any and know that all the player issues shirts for the 2007-08 season were "elite" shirts. (I.e not a replica shirt available to fans). The shirt he was selling appeared to be a replica shirt with the badges/names attached. In addition I asked about the "Match worn" statement........needless to say no response was forthcoming. He appears to deal in only "Match Worn" shirts but doesn't list where or how he comes by them in any of his listings.....add the fact he doesn't answer any messages I know I won't be dealing with him. Make your own minds up!
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:00 am 
Post subject:

I think this guy has loads of non league that are match worn but I'd be suspicious going further up the leagues.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: