Football Programmes Centre

Burnley-Tottenham
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Burnley-Tottenham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dellboye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 pm 
Post subject: Burnley-Tottenham

As a neutral watching this second leg semi-final I must say that burnley were magnificent even though they didnt get through. Football can be cruel and Tottenham didnt deserve to get to the final.
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 pm 
Post subject:

Very cruel indeed.

Fantastic effort by Burnley, they were out on their feet by the end.
James

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:34 pm 
Post subject:

I'm a big Spurs fan and when we scored that first goal in extra time i felt really dejected for Burnley, they played well battled hard worked together and played football, Spurs were just utter dire and didn't deserve anything, Burnley were unfortunate not to win it in normal time as they more than deserved it. I can't think of a single Spurs player would you could say would get more than a rating of 3 out of ten, where Burnley players were superb, hopefully this result wont affect their league form, as they were so unlcuky not to have got a 4th goal and gone through to the final.
Geddon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 am 
Post subject:

The away goals rule after extra time is stupid IMO, the away team in the second leg is always going to have an extra 30 minutes to score their away goals than the other team.

Gutted I didn't watch this one, went to the pub to watch the first semi yesterday but didn't think Burnley would put up enough of a fight to make it worthwhile.
matt blue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:14 pm 
Post subject:

Im totally shocked how well they played, they were shocking when we played them at burnley...hats off to them though .
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: