Football Programmes Centre

Collection I've been getting together for my Son.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Collection I've been getting together for my Son.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluemoonmatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:02 am 
Post subject: Collection I've been getting together for my Son.

Hi,
My first post on here Smile
I've been collecting for a year next month, my Son was born in August so the collection is going to be for him at the age of 21 so plenty of time to go! I've been very busy and got the following programmes together for his collection.
All have no writing, rips, tears etc. As near mint as I could get.
All are originals.

1960 FIFA World Club Championship Real Madrid v Penarol
1964 European Cup Final Real Madrid v Inter Milan
1967 European Cup Final Celtic v Inter Milan
1974 European Cup Final Athletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
1989 European Cup Final Steau Bucharest v AC Milan
1970 Cup Winners Cup Final Man City v Gornik
1978 Cup Winners Cup Final Rapid Vienna v Anderlecht
1996 FA cup Final Manchester United v Liverpool + ticket and semi Final Man Utd v Chelsea
1993 FA Cup Final replay Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday x 2 + ticket
2006 FA Cup Final Liverpool v West Ham United + ticket
1966 World Cup Final programmes, originals 3 x in mint condition, another 1 is signed by Charlton brothers, Hurst, Ball, Peters, Wilson, Cohen, Stiles, Hunt and Hunter. Plus season ticket for all 9 London games inc all England games in original wallet.
1996 England v Bulgaria
1997 England v Italy with ticket
2001 Albania v England with ticket
1991 Turkey v England
1991 Wales v Eire
1998 Wales v Jamaica
2000 FA Trophy Kingstonian v Kettering with ticket

I'm a Man City fan as my username gives away and I've got a box of City programmes and tickets such as 1955,56,69 FA Cup Finals.
All the homes games in the 1970 CWC run. 1970 League Cup run all homes and aways. 1968,69,72 Charity Shield Finals.

I don't think I've done too bad for only been collecting a year, I use ebay and auction houses such as sportingold.
Trying to concentrate just on rare and big match programmes.
They are all stored in non acidic comic bags then inside box files in the spare room far away from any windows etc.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Matt
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:33 am 
Post subject:

Hi Matt - and welcome,

Good opening post.

You've certainly made a good start for him and are setting it apart from any run-of-the-mill collection. Perhaps you can start to get together something slightly unique and City concentric - I dunno but maybe like me, (I've got a large collection of 1960s Everton - i.e. any home or away reserves, youth etc.) - to differentiate between the everyday and the more interesting - you could do something similar or tickets, Football Pinks, or ABC cards for the entire 1968 team, 1969 cup team, 1970 CWC team etc., maybe something like that - or you've already done that. Anyway, welcome, and good luck with it.
Van Dyke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 am 
Post subject: Collection For Your Son

Hi Matt
Looks like you have made a great start to your collection . You could collect items relating to specific players at City eg- Bell Lee Summerbee etc . I have done this with my team , first and last game for club , international first and last , testimonial programme , first game in charge as a manager etc etc . Just something a bit different really , want tell you who I support but play about 2 miles from your place !

Good Luck with the collecting

Nick
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

Last edited by JJPROGRAMMES on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluemoonmatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:02 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the tips and welcomes, I think I will go down the City route reserves/youth is a whole new area to me but I'm very impulsive and get frustrated if I don't get what I want fast! lol
And thanks for the Gold tip, but the Gold rush will be over soon and programmes are much more attractive!
Smile
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:05 pm 
Post subject:

JJPROGRAMMES wrote:
Quote;

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Mr T

Sell them and buy Gold if your after an investment!!!!

Why buy gold when it's at the top of the market? Programmes seem a good investment to me and by the looks of things recesson proof. No doubt City will become more collectable when they start winning things. ( look at Chelsea). If you can afford it some pre war fa cup finals, that would be great. The good thing for you is that you have no real theme , so you can collect nice items but not pay over the odds for them. You can sit back and wait for the odd bargin unlike two collectors rushing to complete a "set". Worst thing you can be is impulsive . Do some research.
bluemoonmatt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

I added the 1977 Argentina v England friendly fixture in Buenos Aires with match ticket this weekend, got it from ebay.
I'm on the look out for pre war City FA Cup Finals now, thanks for the advice regarding that.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: