Football Programmes Centre

Filing Checkatrade Trophy issues
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Filing Checkatrade Trophy issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:33 pm 
Post subject: Filing Checkatrade Trophy issues

For those whose chosen club entered one of those U-23 teams (like Derby), do you file the programmes as a first team or reserve issue?

There's an argument for either option.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:46 pm 
Post subject:

I can think of another option.......... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

For me it is a reserve issue. Our Under 21's team played in the competition, therefore, I class it as an second XI issue (although the competition is first class).

Just hope our team are invited to enter next season as I thoroughly enjoyed the games I attended. Our Under 21's played well throughout and picked up some good experience.

GreatBarrWolf
grantham

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:51 pm 
Post subject:

What if, a side that is currently 'invited' to play in the competition finds themselves in the competition outright through relegation and you find yourselves classing it as a first team fixture, would you re-categorize the older one's ?
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

Derby issued a reduced-size version of "The Ram" for the Mansfield game - similar to what they would issue for the early rounds of the League Cup.

So I'm going to split the difference, file the programme itself under "first team" and "reserves/youth" for my electronic records.

Out of interest, which "Under-23" team progressed the furthest in this season's competition?
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
What if, a side that is currently 'invited' to play in the competition finds themselves in the competition outright through relegation and you find yourselves classing it as a first team fixture, would you re-categorize the older one's ?

One would assume that if your first XI dropped into Division One or Two and entered the competition then that would be a first XI game.

Wolves played in the competition as a first team in 2013-14 prior to the reserve XI's entering - I class this as a first XI game. Last season our reserve XI entered - therefore I class this as a reserve fixture.

If we get relegated at the end of next season (which we could well do if we don't sort things out swiftly) then that would be a first XI game. The assumption is that our reserves would not be invited as it would be a conflict of interest to have two teams in the same competition.

And to answer 'derby1884's' question I think it was Swansea City.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:31 pm 
Post subject:

GreatBarrWolf wrote:

Just hope our team are invited to enter next season as I thoroughly enjoyed the games I attended. Our Under 21's played well throughout and picked up some good experience.

GreatBarrWolf

A little bird tells me there was a rather tasty game at Molineux this week between your Under-21 team and Leamington that went to penalties?

Same little bird omitted to inform me what the competition was, though, other than it was a Final. County Cup, perhaps?
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:15 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
GreatBarrWolf wrote:

GreatBarrWolf

A little bird tells me there was a rather tasty game at Molineux this week between your Under-21 team and Leamington that went to penalties?

Same little bird omitted to inform me what the competition was, though, other than it was a Final. County Cup, perhaps?

Birmingham County Cup Final. Our Under 21's have had a rough week this week. Premier League Div 2 Play-Off Semi-Final on Monday they were leading 1-0 up to the 82nd minute before West Ham equalised and then scored a controversial penalty in the 92nd minutes to win. On Wednesday they lost the Birmingham County Cup 4-5 on penalties.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:19 am 
Post subject:

Mine,s listed under "Minor Cups"..................easy !!!

Clap Clap Clap

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Mine are listed as a 1st team game even though I didn't attend the game against Reading U23's. Proud that Rovers voted against the U23's entering the competition last year and did the same this time. Hope we exit this crock of s**t asap agan next season.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

pompeypete wrote:
Mine,s listed under "Minor Cups"..................easy !!!

Clap Clap Clap

Mine are under 'Other Cups'
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: