Football Programmes Centre

Unusual ebay buyer activity.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unusual ebay buyer activity.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:36 pm 
Post subject:

Martino you are quite correct in raising the point about this Ebayer with a solid, respectable,consistent record of trading on Ebay.
I have known Mark (shipinn) for a number of years and, whilst not Buddies or anything, we have traded through Ebay and have had that friendly, pass the time of day, have a good banter etc. etc. experience that most of us encounter.This includes meeting at auctions and finding out (later) that we were bidding on the same items---no problem, you cannot win them all.
In recent times Mark does not appear to have been trading and then in the last few months he has suddenly emerged on the market----with the resulting problems highlighted on the Forum.
Something is wrong here, it is not like the old Mark( I do not mean he is old), but these circumstances are not consistent with the Mark we knew.
Irrespective of the opinions/facts raised on here, we need trading that is fair and we do have the circumstances that have obstructed this purpose.
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

ndnewsham wrote:
Easiest way to block bidders is to google ebay blocked bidders list--will take you straight where you need to be without the hassle of navigating around ebay

Must admit that i have dealt with this person in the past and have never had any problems but i have erred on the side of caution and have blocked him

But as Tansey16 has mentioned--anything over £20 upto £50 must be sent recorded delivery nowadays. Anything over £50 then its Special Delivery.
The number of items I have received lately that have been sent normal post has been close to making my p1ss boil--sorry for the language

I collect racecards as well as programmes so having sent £90 worth of racecards by normal post can well have ended up as an expensive mistake for the seller if i was not an honest buyer or seller. Ebay is now skewered seriously for the buyer. I could have had £90 worth of items totally free and he would have not been able to prove anything. And it sounds that this person is making the most of it also

I just implore all on here to be cautious and not make themselves open to what is an obvious and easy money making scam

Norm

Recorded delivery morphed into RM signed for
hydemaine

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:55 pm 
Post subject:

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
Martino you are quite correct in raising the point about this Ebayer with a solid, respectable,consistent record of trading on Ebay.
I have known Mark (shipinn) for a number of years and, whilst not Buddies or anything, we have traded through Ebay and have had that friendly, pass the time of day, have a good banter etc. etc. experience that most of us encounter.This includes meeting at auctions and finding out (later) that we were bidding on the same items---no problem, you cannot win them all.
In recent times Mark does not appear to have been trading and then in the last few months he has suddenly emerged on the market----with the resulting problems highlighted on the Forum.
Something is wrong here, it is not like the old Mark( I do not mean he is old), but these circumstances are not consistent with the Mark we knew.
Irrespective of the opinions/facts raised on here, we need trading that is fair and we do have the circumstances that have obstructed this purpose.

You make it sound lovely ha ha
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

Many thanks Norm, much appreciated mate.

Shipinn (and a couple of other chancers that have messed me around) now on my blocked list.

Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
hydemaine

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:03 pm 
Post subject:

I honestly think that Mark(shipinn) is going through some sort of crisis (meltdown) I cannot believe that somebody with such a perfect ebay feedback has gone rogue over the past few months ! Does anybody know this guy personally? I'm willing to reach out and find out what has gone wrong? and possibly help?
This sort of behaviour is not normal from someone who is quite well known in the collecting community. Does anyone know what may have gone wrong?
giorgio

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

Another useful tip - if anyone emails through eBay saying they have not received their item, don't refund them straight away. Ask them to file a claim through eBay. If they're genuine, no worries. If they're up to no good, they may be reluctant to open a case.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:34 am 
Post subject: Unusual ebay buyer activity.

Some really good points raised on this thread which can only be of benefit to all of us.

Any item can go missing when you are sending loads of items out, but it is unusual for the same buyer to not receive more than once.
I have posted approx 4000 items in the last twelve months and had three go AWOL. I'll take that percentage any day.

The point raised about requesting a "non receiver" to open a case is a good one. I have advised this a few times and the item has then always mysteriously turned up in the post that day.
Sometimes just responding and telling them that you have proof of postage and to give it a day or two is enough to make a chancer think again.

I've now blocked shipinn on my Ebay site.......just to avoid the hassle it could bring.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:54 pm 

I emailed shipinn (Mark) on the 6th May 2017 requesting information as appertaining to the non-delivery of postal deliveries to his address i.e. is it the postal system--is it the postie--is it someone in the block of flats, a thief perhaps--is it something else?
As of today the silence is deafening!

Everyone has to make up their own minds and, on the probability of doubt, I know what I make of this.

Nearly 1700 have read this thread thus revealing how important the Ebay system is to the world of collecting football programmes, we do have people who cheat but by far the majority (and my guess is 99%) always trade in the correct and accepted manner. If you have doubts about an Ebayer you can simply block them, you have to remember that Ebay are(like any other big organisation) chasing turnover and their preponderance is to side with the buyer---you can have millions of sellers but, with no buyers, your turnover is zilch.
So your best protection is your own action, several have already done it and I have done it as well---just put the block on.

One question remains---what has changed this Ebayer----with 100% feedback--into a doubtful trader, with no answers for anybody or any attempts to solve the problems at his contact address?
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

I can't understand why anyone doesn't post items over £40 via Special Delivery . After all the buyer pays the postage costs. As I've said many times before recorded/signed for is really not worth the trouble. It certainly is not an insurance against the cost of item posted.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

It's hard to trust even a 100% feedback profile given eBay's highly flawed system.

There are countless occasions now when you're not allowed to leave negative feedback.

I've never left a negative, but I did want to leave a seller a neutral a while back, after receiving particularly poor service.

EBay wouldn't allow that either, instead it said you must wait 4 weeks to try and resolve any issues first.
I simply couldn't be arsed to go back four weeks later and do the feedback, so left it.

Hence there could be plenty of unhappy people who wanted to mark this chap down too, but were prevented from doing so by eBay.

Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:18 am 
Post subject:

i think the old days ebay have stopped is the tit for tat feedback where someone leaves you negative feedback just because you have done the same !!!!

Thing is they have gone too far the opposite way and too heavily in favour of the buyer
martino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:41 am 
Post subject:

Further to the above I have just received the following message from Mark - Shipinn:

----------------------
I tried to bid on the shoot magazine 1978 world cup poster earlier tonight, but for some reason you have a restriction on me bidding on your items. ? I do not recall buying items from you in the past. Pleases see my feedback I have bought over 4000 items without complaint. Providing items are accurately described you will not have a problem with me. Please re-consider removing the restriction Many thanks Mark

---------------

He is majoring on the very subjective subject of condition which is hard to argue against as one man's "good" is another man's "fair" or "very good". Am I correct in saying that when he has received a refund he also keeps the item as well or does he return it?
kenners46

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:28 am 
Post subject:

Snap ;

I tried to bid on this item unfortunately however there is a restricted on me bidding on your items for some reason ? I do not recall buying items from you before. please re-consider, see my positive feedback you will not have a problem with me and I will pay immediately. many thanks Mark
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm 

martino wrote:
Am I correct in saying that when he has received a refund he also keeps the item as well or does he return it?

If a case is opened, Ebay give around ten days for it to be resolved between the two parties.
If the seller drags his feet and that time passes, they will rule in the buyers favour and he is refunded and keeps the item.
The seller loses out all round.
On the (fortunately) rare occasions that I have had a buyer have "a change of heart" on something once they have it in their hands, I advise through Ebay messages that I will refund in full as soon as it is back with me. At least that way you get your item back and can re-sell it and Ebay can see that you have been co-operative.
If the item doesn't come back to you in the time frame, and the buyer does not prove he has posted it back, I believe the ruling goes in the favour of the seller and the refund is not taken.

Hope that helps martino.
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 pm 
Post subject:

Reading this thread I thought I had better put this shipinn on my blocked bidders list only to find I already had.

I've not sold much on ebay recently as I got really p1ssed off with a sudden increase of item not received claims. I now block any one who claims a refund unless I have had previous good history with them.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 pm 
Post subject:

I blocked Shipinn as well, he sounds too unpredictable for my liking, and far too much hassle for the sake of a few measly pounds.

I also block anybody who claims an unjustified refund, along with anybody who causes me any hassle by whinging after the fact. Just can't be doing with them.
I'm honest, fast, and reliable - I describe my stuff and every flaw accurately, and provide several quality photos for their perusal.

I can't and won't be responsible for what only ever amounts to buyer's remorse.

I've bought stuff I've regretted buying, we all have, and I've made mistakes and accidentally bought the odd thing I already have.
I don't moan or engineer a false refund though, I suck it up and take it on the chin - and then leave the seller the nice feedback he or she deserves for playing their part fairly & decently.

I think I have seven on my blocked list at the mo.

gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:18 pm 
Post subject:

I just got a friend who only buys on ebay to send shipinn a link to this thread. I wonder if he will post on here in his own defence?
roughyedz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 pm 
Post subject:

giorgio wrote:
Another useful tip - if anyone emails through eBay saying they have not received their item, don't refund them straight away. Ask them to file a claim through eBay. If they're genuine, no worries. If they're up to no good, they may be reluctant to open a case.

ive mentioned this somewhere else on here but i had a customer who said 2 days after i posted item off that it had not arrived , he raised a dispute immediately , then left me appauling nrgative feedback the next day and 7 days later got a full refund ............... lol ............i recon he was just a crook on there playing "THE GAME".. . .
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 am 

I refer back to my post of 13 May 2017 and an update as far as I know it.
Some weeks ago I sold some items on Ebay, in sending out the invoices I found one had been purchased by Mark (shipinn), I immediately reacted by informing him that I would not trade with him (all as previous notifications ). Sometime later I found that the buyer details had been changed to Stuart, apparently Mark's brother who lives 4 doors away. Several emails then followed between myself, Stuart and Mark and things became abrasive, but not abusive.To cut a long story short, Stuart stated that Mark has recently had health issues, the precise prognosis not given (nor questioned by me either because this has little to do with the problem)--our concerns are the postal difficulties and the misleading information surrounding the problems encountered.The trade on this item did not take place and the difficulties I (and others) have encountered regarding non receipt/delivery of previous purchases are still contested by shipinn to the point that the problems are all our fault and Mark has done nothing wrong.
I prefer to keep to the facts, I do have my thoughts in this matter, but it must be that everyone will have their own opinions and a few will probably trade with Mark who has a good Ebay record over a number of years. The question I raise is "have the problems now ceased " ---if not some more surprises will be on the horizon.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:51 pm 
Post subject: Re: Unusual ebay buyer activity.

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
I refer back to my post of 13 May 2017 and an update as far as I know it.
Some weeks ago I sold some items on Ebay, in sending out the invoices I found one had been purchased by Mark (shipinn), I immediately reacted by informing him that I would not trade with him (all as previous notifications ). Sometime later I found that the buyer details had been changed to Stuart, apparently Mark's brother who lives 4 doors away. Several emails then followed between myself, Stuart and Mark and things became abrasive, but not abusive.To cut a long story short, Stuart stated that Mark has recently had health issues, the precise prognosis not given (nor questioned by me either because this has little to do with the problem)--our concerns are the postal difficulties and the misleading information surrounding the problems encountered.The trade on this item did not take place and the difficulties I (and others) have encountered regarding non receipt/delivery of previous purchases are still contested by shipinn to the point that the problems are all our fault and Mark has done nothing wrong.
I prefer to keep to the facts, I do have my thoughts in this matter, but it must be that everyone will have their own opinions and a few will probably trade with Mark who has a good Ebay record over a number of years. The question I raise is "have the problems now ceased " ---if not some more surprises will be on the horizon.

Many thanks for the update. I think I will continue to err on the side of caution.

I assume Stuart's E Bay id is also Shipinn but, of course, that could easily change.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: