Football Programmes Centre

Unusual ebay buyer activity.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unusual ebay buyer activity.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydemaine

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:22 am 
Post subject: Unusual ebay buyer activity.

Has any other forum member had issues with an ebay buyer called shipinn ?

This buyer won 3 items from me which I posted by 1st class signed for.

2 weeks later the buyer made an ebay claim that the items hadn't arrived.

I duly made enquiries with the Royal Mail who stated that the items must be regarded as lost.

All this time I kept in touch with the buyer informing him of my progress.

When I found out that the items were lost I issued the buyer with a full refund.

Through all this the buyer didn't reciprocate any of my messages to him.

I thought it was unfortunate that the items had been lost but I moved on once the refund had been issued.

Then 2 weeks after all this had been sorted I received another ebay message on behalf of shipinn now claiming a refund on an item I had sold him about a month previously as being not as described.

The buyer had kept this item for over a month without flagging any issues he had with it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with this buyer?
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:20 pm 
Post subject:

I have had a very similar problem, with this Ebay member, in the last 4 weeks.
In the first instance he wanted to return an item, that he had for some 2 weeks, for he had found it to have additional faults and required a refund.
Programme returned and refund given straight away. The item is nearly 70 years old and has imperfections, it cannot be mint, it is certainly acceptable in todays market and at the price paid---but, as I say, refund given without delay.
Then came the second problem--he had bought another of my programmes and notified me it had not arrived. This one was higher value than the previous one and, in my opinion, purchased for a relative bargain price.
I refunded straight away as per the Ebay procedure.
Taking these two experiences together it does raise, not only the tactics being used, but the problem of non delivery.
Either the postie and/or the mail system has a failure development at that particular address or there is a hint of dishonesty with this particular buyer. If anyone is able to add any information regarding this Ebayer or the Mail system from an operational view then it will be appreciated.

The non delivery is, particularly, a surprise for I posted out over 60 items on one day only to find the one address that is nearest to mine came back as not received. It certainly raises opinions and I am no different from anyone else in having negative thoughts about this experience---I have blocked this Ebayer until these problems are, at least, explained.

I must add that, apart from the official Ebay procedure, I have received no communication from Shipinn, not even a note in the envelope when the item was returned, if Mark is on the Forum I request his considered reply and why he has not previously reported the problems,to Ebay, with items going missing when posted to his address.

Sherlock
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
Quote:
I must add that, apart from the official Ebay procedure, I have received no communication from Shipinn, not even a note in the envelope when the item was returned, if Mark is on the Forum I request his considered reply and why he has not previously reported the problems,to Ebay, with items going missing when posted to his address.

Can I just make it clear that the Mark in question is not my good self. Thanks.
SeasideMark Thumbs Up
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:01 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry SeasideMark ---my reference is to Shipinn Mark.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:06 pm 
Post subject:

No problem mate.
baggie64

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:30 pm 
Post subject: Sipinn

Same experience.purchased a programme from me.weeks later ebay message to say buyer hadn't received his item.i refunded his money as I only sent by first class.

Send all my programmes by recorded now!

There seems to be a pattern emerging!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:02 pm 
Post subject:

Sounds like a scam. Can this activity be reported to eBay?

Either way, block him from bidding.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:26 pm 
Post subject: Unusual ebay buyer activity

Having purchased hundreds of items from eBay, from my experience , the postal service is generally great. The signed items service can still, however, be fraught with danger. Very few of us actually open the package in front of the postie. I know l tend to sign for it, and the deliverer goes on his way. I then open the package. Someone was recently operating a scam involving high value autographs. The Beatles, Hendrix , Elvis, and all the other high value stuff. When the recipient opened the envelope, it was empty,,the Postman was long gone. When the recipient complained, the seller claimed the item was in the envelope when they posted it. The only way to cover this eventuality, is to open the package in front of the Postman, but few of us do.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:28 pm 

Having purchased hundreds of items from eBay, from my experience , the postal service is generally great. The signed items service can still, however, be fraught with danger. Very few of us actually open the package in front of the postie. I know l tend to sign for it, and the deliverer goes on his way. I then open the package. Someone was recently operating a scam involving high value autographs. The Beatles, Hendrix , Elvis, and all the other high value stuff. When the recipient opened the envelope, it was empty,,the Postman was long gone. When the recipient complained, the seller claimed the item was in the envelope when they posted it. The only way to cover this eventuality, is to open the package in front of the Postman, but few of us do.
sellsell39

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:30 pm 
Post subject:

thanks for the information, now blocked. Nod
hydemaine

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:31 pm 
Post subject:

Flaming pie I can appreciate there have been and will be various scams over the years operated by sellers but this particular example is of a buyer on ebay.
martino

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:41 pm 
Post subject:

Is the SHIPINN we are talking about the one with a 100% feedback rating of over 4,000 as a buyer and seller?

If so he has hell of a scam going which highlights flaws in E Bay's systems which they need to be aware of.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 pm 
Post subject:

I recently had a buyer open a ebay case against me for non receipt even though the 1st class signed for service used states Delivered and signed for by his surname ''Bird'' with tracking reference number: GK089785497GB
The ebay member is davidbird201414 - Be sure to add that numpty to your blocked lists also.
tansey16

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:01 pm 

Similar issues for me! I sold shipinn six Man United home programmes from the 1948/49 and 1951/52 seasons at separate times between 19th March and 2nd April.

Everything ok until the 17th April when a return was opened as buyer stated I had missed a slight tear. However programme was never returned and case was closed by buyer on the 30th April with no explanation.

In the mean time had two cases opened on the 20th April stating that items not received. As programmes all over £20 had send recorded. I checked tracking numbers and both were signed for with basic signatures. I added tracking number and explained to buyer that both items had been signed for. There was no comeback and after 8 days rang ebay and explain the situation and they then closed in my favour (28th April).

I have not heard anything in regards to the other three programmes I sold shipinn and did not think much of it as he has good feedback rating and high past sales.

However, I was worried as it is never nice when cases opened against you so did feel some relief when I saw on this forum that others had similar experiences (shows the benefits of this forum!).
hydemaine

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:19 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
Is the SHIPINN we are talking about the one with a 100% feedback rating of over 4,000 as a buyer and seller?

If so he has hell of a scam going which highlights flaws in E Bay's systems which they need to be aware of.

one word answer Yes
giorgio

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:12 pm 
Post subject:

It hasn't happened to me very much, but if I refund for an item not received, I will mention that in the feedback to alert other users in case it happens again to someone else.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers for the heads up guys.
How do you block a buyer like this crook?

What's the process, as I've never blocked anyone before??

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
DySporting

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

If he only buys, he won’t get neg feedback.
martino

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:41 pm 
Post subject:

DySporting wrote:
If he only buys, he won’t get neg feedback.

From his feedback lists he is also a seller
ndnewsham

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:20 pm 
Post subject:

Easiest way to block bidders is to google ebay blocked bidders list--will take you straight where you need to be without the hassle of navigating around ebay

Must admit that i have dealt with this person in the past and have never had any problems but i have erred on the side of caution and have blocked him

But as Tansey16 has mentioned--anything over £20 upto £50 must be sent recorded delivery nowadays. Anything over £50 then its Special Delivery.
The number of items I have received lately that have been sent normal post has been close to making my p1ss boil--sorry for the language

I collect racecards as well as programmes so having sent £90 worth of racecards by normal post can well have ended up as an expensive mistake for the seller if i was not an honest buyer or seller. Ebay is now skewered seriously for the buyer. I could have had £90 worth of items totally free and he would have not been able to prove anything. And it sounds that this person is making the most of it also

I just implore all on here to be cautious and not make themselves open to what is an obvious and easy money making scam

Norm
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: