Football Programmes Centre

Badge storage advice
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Badge storage advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:44 am 
Post subject: Badge storage advice

hi all

Apologies if this thread has been covered before, but does anyone store their badges in plastic display wallets, with several badges to a page? I guess these might be similar to coin display pages.

If so, where would I get the plastic pages and a binder from?

I have approx 100 York badges in a frame, but it such a pain to add new badges that I now want to make life a bit easier. The badges also move slightly when putting the rear of the frame back on which drives me mad!

thanks for any advice
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 am 
Post subject:

Hi mate, yes I've put all my badges in plastic display wallets too.

After years of scratching my head as to how to best store them, I finally decided this was the way to go. I always liked and admired how Footiebadgebloke's looked in these.

I still haven't found the binders I want, but I've mounted about 1800 badges and placed into clear wallets so far. Individual coin envelopes for single badges, and medal pouches for badge sets.

(BIB: Both are plentiful on eBay using those search words - best coin envelopes to fit almost all badges are the 2" x 2" versions)

I get the cosmic sleeves (plastic pages) from this chap who I also buy all my ticket albums from ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1416.....EBIDX%3AIT

You need MM20 for the coin envelopes, and MM6V for the medal pouches. They're very robust plastic and look quite nice full of badges.

Despite lots of searching, I still haven't found the binders I'm completely happy with, so currently have several boxes of 'mounted & sleeved' badges here!!!

Important to note though, if you buy these sleeves, then they need to be 4-ring binders, because of the weight of the pages buddy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:01 pm 
Post subject:

Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm 
Post subject: Badge storage advice

Not as professional as Wiggy's storage which is impressive, but here is my offering.
I'm not really a badge collector, but had a fair few and I considered all sorts of ideas ranging from folders to shirts and scarves before I decided to start filling up an old Subbuteo pitch.

littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

Cracking badges mate, I particularly like the cockerel stick-pins, they're quite lovely.

You can't beat the classic Subbuteo pitch for a multitude of uses.
I have one in my linen cupboard, which I use as a tablecloth on my coffee table whenever my bezzie comes round for a football night on the tele.

It protects my table nicely from the beers and crisp bowls, as well as looking rather swell into the bargain too!

Thumbs Up

MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for all the replies - most impressive badge collections!

I'm away for the weekend at York's great escape/worst day in the club's history (time will tell which it is!) but will post a picture of the recess frame I use to display my badges in the next few days.

I think the 20-pocket pages look just the job, but might buy a few of the others in Ade's pictures just to mix and match.

1800 badges - crikey !
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: