Football Programmes Centre

Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:31 pm 
Post subject: Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, so please bear with me if I do anything wrong or am posting in the wrong place.

I've recently returned to the hobby after something like 15 years (now that the kids are older), and have been enjoying reacquainting myself with my Charlton and Welling programme collections.

I also enjoy Scottish football, and recently decided to collect Scottish one-per-club, one-per-season from 1970/71 to date (league matches only, not cups, friendlies, etc.).

Up to about 15 years, I was also collecting programmes from my Scottish team, Hibs - so I'm going to use those as the basis for this new collection - which will give it a good kickstart.

I received the April edition of Programme Monthly today, and was surprised to read that Brechin, Queen's Park and Stenhousemuir didn't issue programmes in the 2016/17 season.

What my question is, does anyone know of any other Scottish league clubs that didn't issue programmes between 1970/71 to 2015/16?

Any info would help me massively as it'll save me hunting for programmes that just don't exist!

Thanks in advance!
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 am 
Post subject:

Hi Woody.

Can't help I'm afraid, but welcome to the forum. My focus programme-wise is way more niche than yours and I've come across a load of good progs and info here, so I'm sure you'll find plenty of help. It's also a great place to come and spend a while browsing.

Good luck with the collection. Smile
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:53 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Yachtsmun,

Thanks for your reply and your kind welcome.

Your collecting interests sound intriguing - do you find it difficult to find Cowes programmes?

Cheers,

Woody
das

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

Clydebank didn't issue for league games some seasons and possibly montrose in the past but I'm not 100% about that.

You can check clydebank here http://www.clydebankprogrammesonline.co.uk/
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 pm 
Post subject:

das wrote:
Clydebank didn't issue for league games some seasons and possibly montrose in the past but I'm not 100% about that.

das - what a great site that is! that's going to help me out so much - thank you!
das

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:38 pm 
Post subject:

WoodyCAFC wrote:
das wrote:

das - what a great site that is! that's going to help me out so much - thank you!

I found it looking for something else and thought it was very helpful too so glad to share
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:19 am 
Post subject:

WoodyCAFC wrote:
Hi Yachtsmun,

Thanks for your reply and your kind welcome.

Your collecting interests sound intriguing - do you find it difficult to find Cowes programmes?

Cheers,

Woody

Hi Woody. Cowes programmes I don't have are pretty hard to come across these days, yeah - I already have 99% of homes from the last forty years and the same in aways for the pasty thirty, but I'll usually pick up 5-10 a year on ebay. I still live in Cowes though so occasionally I'll come across a little cache locally. Am up to around 2,500 now, the oldest being an away at Ryde from 1897. There's plenty of things you can collect where as long as you have the spends it's achievable to complete a collection, but that'll never happen for me, so it always stays interesting as you don't know what might turn up...
Bankie boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 pm 
Post subject:

Glad you like it Woody
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: