Football Programmes Centre

My collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:25 pm 
Post subject: My collection

Hi all

I've been away from collecting for around 3 years now.

I've kept hold of 99% of my Man Utd collection despite falling completely out of love with it but have decided to keep it for good albeit not actively collecting more, at least not right now.

Thanks to Leslie for some guidance, as well as a few others who have posted here with sound advice and some regret at selling up and wishing they hadn't. I don't want that feeling later on, especially as my now 16 year old son is Utd mad and is interested in the history and memorabilia of our team.

I still have lots of spares as well as some non Utd related items which I'm going to offer here, hoping to swap for some Utd programmes from the last 3 seasons of which I have nothing.

Cheers guys, and happy collecting to all. This is STILL a great community.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 pm 
Post subject: Re: My collection

PABLO76 wrote:
Hi all

I've been away from collecting for around 3 years now.

I've kept hold of 99% of my Man Utd collection despite falling completely out of love with it but have decided to keep it for good albeit not actively collecting more, at least not right now.

Thanks to Leslie for some guidance, as well as a few others who have posted here with sound advice and some regret at selling up and wishing they hadn't. I don't want that feeling later on, especially as my now 16 year old son is Utd mad and is interested in the history and memorabilia of our team.

I still have lots of spares as well as some non Utd related items which I'm going to offer here, hoping to swap for some Utd programmes from the last 3 seasons of which I have nothing.

Cheers guys, and happy collecting to all. This is STILL a great community.

Good Decision!

I am not sure wanting to buy the last 3 years of glossy paper that is worth a tenth of what you pay for it after you have it is a good decision! Laughing I would just buy the 2016 FA Cup Final Run and leave it at that!.

Anyway, welcome "Home"

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 pm 
Post subject:

Haha, thanks Leslie.

Worthless paper from recent seasons maybe, ever the completist eh!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:50 pm 
Post subject:

PABLO76 wrote:
Haha, thanks Leslie.

I am afraid it is worthless and i should know as I am still buying it! but every year i say "that is it!" i do not have the room and it has no value so why am i bothering and every year i make some excuse to myself and continue!, BUT i am not so keen to buy the aways in Europe as in many cases just pirates from a bedroom bandit-so i reckon just wait a few seasons and the prices will tumble for the original ones.

It is like asking someone to smack you across the mouth very hard-and then saying to them "Thank You"

Judging by what prices from 1946-7 to mid 1950's were going for at Sportingold this week-i have known for a long time now that values have collapsed and even items that were trading for as much as £500 say 10 years ago [1954-5 v Wolves 4 pager-is now struggling at £100], so to get back to my original remarks-worthless glossy paper it most certainly is!

My advise is to divert your cash to less items but become more discerning, menu's/press photos's/tickets/signed items but pre-1990-prior to the "sharpie culture" and the fact most of today's players could be 7 years old-if they did not put their squad number it would be impossible to determine if they played for a living or resided in a Zoo. Laughing

Anyway this is my last season for the home and away in the league and the cups for sure[of course it is]. Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Pablo
I don't know where you live but if you can get over to Prestatyn, North Wales, I have a box of Man U homes from the past five seasons which you can have with pleasure - as Leslie has already pointed out they don't have great monetary worth so I will happily accept a tenner and the bit of space they free up in my shop will be very welcome!
Let me know mate
Mark Thumbs Up
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

Very kind offer Mark, as I've come to expect from the majority of people here.

Unfortunately I'm down on the south coast, Poole, and Prestatyn is a bit of a stretch!

Thanks anyway.

Paul.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 pm 
Post subject:

Bung a tenner on and I'll send them by courier!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
PABLO76 wrote:
Haha, thanks Leslie.

I am afraid it is worthless and i should know as I am still buying it! but every year i say "that is it!" i do not have the room and it has no value so why am i bothering and every year i make some excuse to myself and continue!, BUT i am not so keen to buy the aways in Europe as in many cases just pirates from a bedroom bandit-so i reckon just wait a few seasons and the prices will tumble for the original ones.

It is like asking someone to smack you across the mouth very hard-and then saying to them "Thank You"

Judging by what prices from 1946-7 to mid 1950's were going for at Sportingold this week-i have known for a long time now that values have collapsed and even items that were trading for as much as £500 say 10 years ago [1954-5 v Wolves 4 pager-is now struggling at £100], so to get back to my original remarks-worthless glossy paper it most certainly is!

My advise is to divert your cash to less items but become more discerning, menu's/press photos's/tickets/signed items but pre-1990-prior to the "sharpie culture" and the fact most of today's players could be 7 years old-if they did not put their squad number it would be impossible to determine if they played for a living or resided in a Zoo. Laughing

Anyway this is my last season for the home and away in the league and the cups for sure[of course it is]. Wave

Love the avatar Leslie, now that's a 'proper' football card.

A real Baines' beaut!!

Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: