Football Programmes Centre

Stafford Fair 31/1/10
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stafford Fair 31/1/10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfinjim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:36 am 
Post subject:

Unfortunately I'll be in bed after night shift.

If anyone sees Scunthorpe v Stoke League Cup 2nd replay at Hillsborough (its a single sheet), think of me, and I'll sort you out with the dough.

Up to £40.

Cheers

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

Just come back from the fair and I am pretty happy with what I have got. I brought fifteen Albion programmes home and away costing twenty eight quid and a couple of West brom badges costing two quid each.
infoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:31 pm 
Post subject:

just another big thank you to every one I spoke to and met

It was along weekend for me,Middlesborough for the football and an over night stay in Stafford.

I actualy walked from Stafford rail station to the hotel on saturday night

and walked from the Hotel to stafford rangers ground

and then walked from staffords ground back to the rail station

good excercise but now suffering from exhaustion

see you all again next time
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:27 pm 
Post subject: fair

Found a reasonable pub doing 4 different real ales on the Saturday night, and settled down to a wee session on Bombardier. Didn't have too many as I didn't fancy an unwarranted colonic irrigation at the Fair the next day...
Woke up to a couple of inches of snow on Sunday morning, which was a surprise, but it didn't seem to put folk off. Good attendance at the fair, albiet it was slow to start with, it did pick up later. Picked up a couple of Breedon Complete Records - Aberdeen and Wrexham - for myself at the very reasonable price of £15 each.
Strange to say I didn't sell a single big match programme on the day, Finals, semis, internationals, despite having quite an extensive lot of 40's and 50's items on offer. Likewise, not a single pre or ex league programme, albei they included Shrewsbury and Colchester from their Southern League days, BPA 70-74, some early 50's Barrow homes, Headington United, etc. The non league box managed one sale!
On the plus side, good sale of Sheff. Utd reserves, Sheff. Weds reserves, both from 60's; Coventry friendlies and 40's aways; Blackpool 50's homes (as usual) Villa reserves and youth programmes from 60's, and some Scottish 50's and 60's issues. Strange selection - didn't sell a single Stoke or Port Vale programme either come to think of it.
Still, enjoyed the day, and met some old faces who travel all around the norht, and a few new ones. Very well organised fair as usual.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 pm 
Post subject: Stafford fair.

Hi John ,no luck with the Stafford v Kettering (F) 23/3/77 then, Long shot i know John but looking for a copy of these two VILLA reserve progs : HOME to BURY 27/3/63 & AWAY at WOLVES 71/72 season. Thanks.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: