Football Programmes Centre

Carlisle Fans
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Carlisle Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:30 pm 
Post subject: Carlisle Fans

Just got back from Everton's 3-1 win over Carlisle in the FA Cup 3rd Round and i'd just like to say what an amazing group of fans Carlisle United have got!

Got speaking to a few of them in the pub before and after the game and they were all very friendly, funny and passionate about their team.

They never stopped singing throughout the 90 minutes and personally I feel they deserved at least a draw out of todays game. Fair enough Everton were awful today but I actually thought Carlisle played some really good football at times and weren't fazed at all by facing a Premiership club.

If it wasn't for their fans today the atmosphere would of been dire. They are a credit to the club and I wish them all the success for the rest of the season in League One.

Hope you all get home safe tonight on the long trip home!
Piebald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:16 pm 
Post subject:

A nice positive post.Think there aqre a lot of genuine people support the lower division teams.All we ask for is that the team tries its best to play football and score goals....
Also think Everton supporters deserve recognition.Cant be easy with the "other" Liverpool team usually having more success.Remember being surrounded by Everton fans when Notts played them in a League Cup replay at Meadow Lane in some years ago.There was only friendly chat despite Notts winning that match.....
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the kind words Barrett. It was a great day out (bar the journey down) - we played well and we certainly felt hard done by with the 3-1 scoreline.

I love Goodison Park - had another great view and one of the best grounds left. A big thank you to the Everton fans too who stayed back and applauded our team - there's not many fans that would do that.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:43 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah, I can echo Barrett's words. Carlisle played some great stuff.

I feel sorry for teams that have to put up with that level of refereeing tho.. (this is not a gripe btw) - Fellaini got booked when he won the ball fair and square (initially unchallenged whilst stretching for a loose ball with no opponent close to the ball) and 2 Utd players then challenged and fell over from the force of their challenge - he (and perhaps other Everton players) were distracted by this and Carlisle scored from the free-kick. The ref then followed this immense effort by lecturing Fellaini after an innocuous (seemingly accidental) collision in midfield that he patently didn't see where Fellaini and the opponent went down clutching their respective knees.

Neville was booked for taking a free-kick too early (big deal!). This guy was determined to impose his will on the game.

Still, Carlisle conjured up the best move of the game (to hit the bar) - very unlucky they were too and by the end were pretty hard done by. I think that Everton just about imposed themselves as the visitors faded in the final quarter but I would have had no compliants if it had been a draw (and some might even argue that Carlisle deserved to win!)

Still we were all of us (non Man U fans) treated to the dilemma of cheering on Leeds to victory at OT! Some meaty tackles - how Brown didn't get a red card is a mystery to me.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:36 pm 
Post subject:

i only just found just post and i totally agree with everything said and posted.carlisle fans were qualityand were singing and atmopsheric and supported their team well and helped them no doubt of that.dans right feilaini got booked for nothing (again) and neville got done by a ref who like most refs now thinks the game is all about him instead of the teams which used to be tradition.it was fa cup it was a old style typical cup tie 1-1 at half time was right,just about.second half was even.really good game carlisle giving at good as we gave them.i give them more credit than some so called premiership sides this season at goodison they will play worse than what they did against us and win in their future coming games.its good to see cumbria with what looks like not a bad side.carlisle had a good last few seasons there and hopefully building for that future.i like the look of the winger he looked lively and perichard up front had a damn good go at us.i have taken a late 2-1 winner of a carlisle players backside cause i did not fancy going up to brunton park for a replay.3-1 was harsh in the end.carlisle fans and players deserved the mark and sign of respect we gave them at the end.simple as.i hope they go on and win promotion.regards ste.goodison is wonderfull when its loud.particularly on a cold fa cup 3rd round day at arguably the only one remaining traditional ground left in the money hole that is premiership.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
Healing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Mate What date did you send the Oldham prog?I will keep an eye out for it.Cheers Pete
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: