Football Programmes Centre

How old are we all?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How old are we all?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigearl79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 am 
Post subject: How old are we all?

Talking to the guy who do programme subscriptions at Scunthorpe a few weeks ago. I am asked him out of interest, am I the youngest out of the serious Scunthorpe collectors. I think it me, or possibly another guy, who just buy's home issues. I'm 37 btw. With the greatest of respect to the the members on here, it does seem like an older man's game. So am one of the 'younger' ones then in this game? Also as a side note, don't recall ever noticing a female collector either here or anywhere else doing this.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:28 am 
Post subject:

42, but I've been a keen collector (of everything!) all my life. Collecting is something that is just in your blood! Was just as keen a collector 10/15/25 years ago

At my age, earning a good income but also pretty common to have wife, kid(s), mortgage so disposable income not always as much as you'd like LOL
Karb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:24 am 
Post subject:

44. Collected programmes in my late teens and early 20s, but then stopped for about 20 years and sold off most of my collection. Picked up again about 2 years ago after I got divorced.
James73

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 am 
Post subject:

43, been collecting seriously since early 30's. Divorce has hampered it somewhat though
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:46 am 
Post subject:

37, have collected since I was 6 non-stop
CNSOBU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 am 
Post subject:

50 -still reasonably fit so hoping the predicted cold snap this winter isn't going to end me.

I have been collecting programmes from around the age of 12 (via Steve Earl and Peter Holtom's lists).

I am afraid collecting programmes verges on a disease with me, as I can't fully explain how the impossibility of completing a collection drives me on.
barneybattles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 am 
Post subject: how old are we

55 years young! A recurring starting point , or should i say restarting point seems to be divorce! Same with me: sold my complete Chelsea homes 1946-2000 in 2000 for 2 grand and that included a dozen or so pre-war and 1971 CWC Final prog. How i wish i could turn back the hands of time.
seand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:11 am 
Post subject:

40. I know I'm at the 'young' end of the spectrum, but it relatively encouraging to see quite a few relatively young collectors on here! My 7 year old is quite keen... started with Match Attax, he retains his match tickets and likes the programmes Smile
Goonerak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:22 am 
Post subject:

49. Started collecting seriously when I was 16. Not so serious now. Sold a lot of stuff on eBay which I now regret.
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 am 
Post subject:

38 years old. Been collecting since my late teens carrying forward my fathers collection.

Now have one of the best cardiff friendly/european collections if not the best.

Take a look at my work in progress !!
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:35 am 
Post subject:

Bloody 'ell, you lot are just kids.

I,m 21 + 552 months

Yep that 67, been retired for over 10 years

Any donations gratefully recieved........................ Read It Read It

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:00 am 
Post subject: How old are we all?

I'm a recycled teenager....55.
Collected since about 8 years old and after a bit of a gap, restarted a couple of years ago and driven by ticking off a complete season and moving on to another. One missing is one too many!!
martino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:03 am 
Post subject:

All you young'uns.

I am 66 and 4 months but still feel 21, except when I cannot remember what I was going to do next!.

Happily retired for many years.
Aldo1996

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 am 
Post subject:

I'm 36, started collecting programmes when my Dad use to go to games (without me) and bring a programme home that was during Oxford's seasons in the top division. I would have been 5 at the time. I got my first season ticket at the age of 7 for what was Oxford's last season in top division.

I originally only collected games that I had been to, then around 2002 started collecting more once I found eBay. Now my collection consists of anything that involves Oxford United
garyspain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:30 am 
Post subject:

I turned 50 a couple of months ago. I've been collecting since aged 5 but writing to people and really picking up stuff since aged 12.

Thankfully never sold up on programmes but really regret not keeping tickets especially from games I attended such as Limerick v AZ Alkmaar and Galway v Groningen.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

60 which makes me the 3rd oldest to write - so far. Some older blokes may be being shy or maybe they're down the Darby & Joan!

Very pleased to see so many 30-40 years olds among us.

I started collecting programmes in 1964 (aged Cool and photos in about 2000 (aged 44). Began selling photos in 2001 and started website in Jan 2006.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:13 pm 
Post subject:

Collecting progs since first game went to, Luton v Oldham April 1981. Cowes collector since first went to a game there in March 1984.

For 20+ years I collected anything and everything to do with football, then sold most of it aged 30 to go travelling for 18 months (raised about 10k in a year on ebay). Kept my tickets, specials, matches I'd been to and all Cowes/I.W. stuff.

Still got 10,000 or-so 60s-80s general league to shift, but they're now worth less than the boxes they're stored in, unfortunately...
beaudog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 pm 
Post subject: HOW OLD ARE WE ALL

73 AND A LITTLE BIT. STILL COLLECTING AND BUYING AND SELLING. YOU HAVE TO BE HARDY AND ENTHUSIASTIC TO STAND OUTDOORS ON A MARKET THIS VERY COLD WEATHER BUT ARE REWARDED EVERY SO OFTEN WITH A NICE COLLECTION, WHICH VERY OFTEN WAS DESTINED FOR THE BIN. I AM SO GLAD THAT I HAVE SAVED SOME LOVELY ITEMS FROM OBLITERATION AND MADE A LITTLE CASH TO GO WITH MY MEAGRE PENSION. STILL STANDING AT NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME MARKET, NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE, ON A THURSDAY AND ALWAYS PLEASED TO SEE NEW FACES.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:52 pm 
Post subject:

46 with a wife, two cats, 6 fish and a dodgy knee.

Been collecting off and on since I was 12, never really offloaded my collection at any point, just stored it. Sold off parts of it more recently to downsize and fund other purchases, quality not quantity the new motto!
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:12 pm 
Post subject:

44 Laughing

Sold my collection in my late teens. Have got the bug again in the last two years and started from scratch.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: